Two people taken to hospital following house fire

An elderly householder was woken by the smoke alarm to find their house full of smoke.

An elderly householder was woken by the smoke alarm to find their house full of smoke.

First published in News
Last updated
Borehamwood Times: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter

A smoke alarm woke an elderly householder in time for them to alert emergency services.

Fire engines from Borehamwood, Garston, St Albans and Watford attended the detached house, in Oakridge Avenue, Radlett at around 5.46am yesterday morning.

Firefighters used breathing apparatus, two water jets and a hose to tackle the fire, which had spread from the ground floor to the first floor.

Crews were also concerned the fire had spread to the attic, but were able to prevent this and had put the fire out by 6.59am.

Two people were taken to hospital by ambulance.

The cause of the fire has been registered as accidental.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree