Elstree family treated after tumble dryer blaze

Family escape house fire

Family escape house fire

First published in News
Last updated
by

A woman was taken to hospital this morning after a tumble drier caught fire in Elstree.

Firefighters were called to a semi-detached cottage in Aldenham road at 1.30am today.

A tumble drier, which was on the ground floor in a utility room, was on fire and the house was heavily smokelogged.

Three people suffered slight smoke inhalation, two were given first aid on the scene and one woman was taken to Watford General Hospital.

Firefighters used one hose to extinguish the fire.

Watch Commander Bob Williams of White Watch Borehamwood commented that the family were ‘extremely lucky to escape with their lives’ as the whole house was full of smoke, and stressed the importance of having a working smoke alarm.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree