Borehamwood Saracens 14

Enforcers 1

Skater Hockey Youth League

Division One

The Saracens paid their first visit of the season to Woolwich, home of the Enforcers, at the weekend.

The opening spell saw the Saracens struggling to cope with their hosts' determined defending. At the other end, Borehamwood keeper Martin Spight was in action as the Enforcers launched a series of shots at him.

Once they had weathered this early pressure, the Saracens went on the offensive, which resulted in a close range shot from Sam Scrivener.

The Enforcers were not afraid to employ some physical and verbal intimidation in their play.

Not that this fazed Saracens, who replied with a wrist-shot goal from Chris Dartnell, then a backhand shot by Theo Jones.

Craig Bishop rounded off the period with a close range goal after fighting off two defenders.

The hosts put up the barricades at the start of the next period, however, a backhand shot from Wood's Bishop provided the breakthrough. Within a minute Bishop had completed his hat-trick, assisted by Nick Avery.

In reply, the Enforcers increased their defensive efforts only to find themselves with a player in the sin bin. This enabled Saracens' Tom Dickinson to score from a rebound off the keeper.

Saracens continued to attack throughout the remainder of the period, but were thwarted by their hosts' solid defending and excellent goalkeeping.

The third period saw both sides having players sent to the sin bin. Borehamwood's Jaydean George was unfortunate to be one of the occupants after attempting to defend himself from two heavy tackles.

Then Harry Hammon came to the fore to whip in a shot from just outside the goal area

The Saracens then took control of the game with some flowing play and positive passing. During this time they increased their tally towards its eventual total, one highlight being a defence-splitting goal from Alex Barton.

Late on, the hosts took advantage of Saracens being distracted by calls from the bench to slam in a consolation goal.


Borehamwood Kings 9

Enforcers 1

Skater Hockey Junior League

Division One

An under-strength Kings squad overcame the odds to defeat south London's Enforcers at the weekend.

Aaron Clayworth found the back of the net to open the Herts side's account, despite tight defending from the hosts.

Clayworth came close to adding a second but his effort was blocked by the keeper, however, Sam Scrivener was on hand to put it away.

The start of the second period saw the Kings put pressure on their opponents' goal, but a breakaway move by the hosts led to the ball sneaking past Saints' keeper Sam Bridges. The resulting counter-attack by the Kings climaxed in a series of goals. And the Kings continued firing in shots throughout the final period to seal victory.


Borehamwood Saints 4

Warriors 6

Skater Hockey Youth League

Division One

Having won the face-off, Saints were unlucky not to score in the first minute of this match through Ed Barnes, whose shot was intercepted in the goal area.

The Warriors replied with a series of attacks against a half-hearted Saints defence which put keeper Ben Ruffel under the cosh, and led to the first goal of the game. The Warriors scored twice more under similar circumstances. Towards the end of the first period, a strike from Ryan Haylock went some way to reducing the deficit.

The second period was a virtual re-run of the first, with the Warriors once again extending their tally.

Although Borehamwood did manage to put together a couple of attacks, there was a distinct lack of aggression in their finishing. And their opponents capitalised upon this to fire in yet another goal.

It was Ryan Haylock who once again kept the Saints' hopes alive, as he outflanked the Warriors' over-stretched rearguard.

As the third period opened, the Warriors scored again, but Borehamwood struck back thanks to Ed Barnes, assisted by Haylock.

Now it was the Warriors' turn to suffer as the Saints sparked into life. However, their efforts were blocked by the keeper and the crossbar

As the Warriors had players sent off for various infringements, Borehamwood's Haylock took advantage to score his third goal of the day, but the damage had been done.