Boreham Wood's positive start to the season continued as a 1-1 draw with Aldershot kept them in the top half of the National League table.

Morgan Ferrier put the hosts ahead shortly after the hour mark, but Matt McClure leveled from Anthony Straker's cross shortly after.

It lengthens the Wood's unbeaten league run to three games, with 14 points from their 10 games so far.

Luke Garrard made one change from the side that drew at Barrow on Saturday.

Anthony Jeffrey started on the right of a five man midfield, and Conor Clifford moved inside to a more central role with Aaron Kuhl dropping to the bench.

Wood made a bright start to the game and could have gone ahead as early as the sixth minute.

A corner taken by Angelo Balanta found Joe Devera free 8 yards from goal, but he did not get the connection he would have hoped for and saw his header fell the wrong side of the post.

Aldershot's McClure then skewed a volley wide following a nice ball into the box after some good work down the left by Iffy Allen.

Ferrier was next to create a chance, drifting out to the left and picking the ball up from Femi Ilesanmi. He put a deep cross into the box which was headed back towards goal by Danny Woodards, where Kenny Davis fired over.

McClure then had a shot blocked from just inside the Wood 18-yard box, and the ball fell kindly to Dion Conroy who shot through a cluster of bodies. Grant Smith saw the ball late and did well to push it wide for a corner.

In the second half, both teams came out with the intent to go and take the points and the game was settled in a frantic 10 minutes.

Ferrier broke the offside trap after a wonderful ball from Angelo Balanta, buut after racing into the box the frontman wanted too much time which allowed Callum Reynolds to intervene and clear the danger.

He made no mistake a second time around, in a mirror of his first effort; after breaking the trap again, he raced towards goal and slid the ball under the oncoming Jake Cole.

Woods lead didn’t last long. Just three minutes later, a deep cross to the back post wasn’t dealt with by the Wood defence and it allowed the unmarked Matt McClure to volley home past Grant Smith.

Conor Clifford stung the palms of Jake Cole from distance as the hosts regrouped, but the visiting keeper was equal to the shot palming the ball over the bar and away from danger.

Daniel Uchechi came on to get his first league minutes after injury in pre-season in place of Anthony Jeffrey, and played a pin-point ball to Ferrier to split the shots defence. He took a touch and played in Angelo Balanta, but he could not get his effort on target.

There could have been heartbreak for the Wood in the dying moments of added time, to give Aldershot an unlikely victory.

Again, the impressive Anthony Straker delivered a ball into the box, where Scott Rendell found himself free - and from seven yards, headed wide, much to the relief of the home supporters.

Boreham Wood: Smith, Woodards, Ricketts, Paine, Davis, Ferrier, Jeffrey (Uchechi), Ilesanmi, Clifford (Kuhl), Balanta, Devera

Unused: Nunn, Uchechi, Boal, Kuhl, Murrell-Williamson.