Boreham Wood were unable to pile more misery on winless Kidderminster Harriers as they drew 1-1 at the National League strugglers on Tuesday evening.

In truth Wood, who were poor in the first half, could quite easily have taken maximum points on the basis of their second-half showing.

It was a very sluggish first half for the Wood who never seemed to get out of first gear whilst making too many unforced errors and giving Kidderminster too much time on the ball.

It was the Wood, though, who pushed forward early on, Sam Cox fizzing a ball in for Junior Morias, who took a touch before failing to hit the target.

The hosts replied with Zaine Francis-Angol putting a deep ball into the box for Tahvon Campbell, who was denied an effort on goal by Dan Woodards’ clearing header over the bar.

It was the same old story for the Wood moments later, though, as poor marking allowed Francis-Angol to get his head to the ball to put the home side in front in the ninth minute.

It could have been worse just five minutes later, too. Cox sold Scott Doe short, Campbell nipped in and one-on-one with James Russell, the West Bromwich Albion loanee was well denied by the Wood keeper.

The home side continued to look the more dangerous and when Francis-Angol went down in the box following a challenge from Joe Devera, appeals for a penalty were waved away by referee Brett Huxtable.

Billy Clifford was next to try his luck for Wood, manufacturing enough space to shoot tamely at Harriers keeper Alex Palmer.

Morias then picked up the ball and beat Jared Hodgkiss before curling over.

Kiddy striker Reece Styche should have doubled his side’s lead when he held off Doe, swivelled and shot left-footed at Russell.

A Wood counter attack-attack just before half-time resulted in Conor Clifford ramming narrowly over the bar after Ricky Shakes had teed up Morias without success.

Visitors Wood came out of the traps second half a different side. Both Morias and Jamie Lucas had efforts well blocked by the home defence early on.

Ian Allinson’s side continued to pile on the pressure, coming close to equalising from consecutive corners.

Cox then received the ball on the right and looped a ball into the box for the waiting Billy Clifford to nod straight at Palmer.

Then came an individual piece of brilliance from Conor Clifford to drag Wood level.

Having won possession in midfield the Irishman drove forward and as he was just about to play in Morias he was clipped from behind. From the resulting free-kick the former Chelsea prodigy lashed home to level.

Wood came within inches of taking the lead when Morias received the ball on the edge of the box before shooting on the turn, his effort coming back off the post.

Kidderminster defender Luke Maxwell had the home side’s best chances of the second half late on, whistling one wide before Russell was called into action with his next attempt.

But neither side could find a priceless second and the game ended in a stalemate at Aggborough.

Speaking afterwards Wood boss Allinson said: “We were very average in the first half, we had no penetration and played right into their hands.

“There were a few home truths at half time and we came out a different side second half.

"We looked sharper, we kept possession of the ball better and in the end we got our just rewards and think we were very unlucky not to have gone onto win it.

“We have two home games coming up and if we can replicate that second half performance for ninety minutes I’m confident we can get positive results”

Boreham Wood: Russell; Cox (Jeffrey 75), Devera, Doe, Woodards; Shakes, C.Clifford, Kamdjo, B.Clifford; Lucas (MacDonald 61), Morias (Reynolds 90).

Subs Not Used: Howell, Banton