Second-placed Woking's dominant first-half performance was trumped by a truly superb individual goal from substitute Junior Morias to secure a massive point in a 1-1 draw against the best side Boreham Wood have encountered to date this season.

Woking could have added to their 40th minute opener during the game, but were taught a lesson when the brilliant Morias popped up with the equaliser seven minutes from time. Thereafter the momentum was solely with Wood, who could well have gone on to snatch an unlikely win.

Flying high after four straight wins, the second-placed Cards dominated proceedings from kick off.

Scarcely allowing Wood to settle, the side led by Garry Hill looked comfortable with the football at their feet.

The defensive wall looked impregnable with Charlie MacDonald, in his first start after recovering from a groin injury, given no change at all by the competent Brian Saah.

In the middle of the park Wood were stifled by Joey Jones, Kieran Murtagh and John Goddard, who dictated play whilst supplying ammunition for the dangerous Dan Holman and Kaden Daniel.

Wood had their moments thanks to the industry and vision of Billy Clifford, but the home side lacked a final ball of telling quality.

The lively Daniel fired a low shot at Wood keeper Preston Edwards, who was to regularly tested throughout the game.

Holman received a diagonal ball on the left and decided to go alone, initially rounding Ben Nunn who then recovered to block the resulting shot.

The pressure was mounting on the Wood goal and Colchester United loanee Holman showed his pedigree when Mark Ricketts knocked on a ball in a central position for the striker. He teed up a superb volley on the turn that dropped just the wrong side of the crossbar.

The one time MacDonald broke free for Wood he was tripped by Saah, who took one for his team.

Wood created a fine move when Callum Reynolds set Danny Woodards free down the right. With the Woking defence finally stretched out of position his cross was dummied by Ricky Shakes but was too advanced for Conor Clifford to attack.

Borehamwood Times:

Cards' left-back Chris Arthur then got forward, hitting a fine long-range effort that dipped and swerved, bringing the best out of Edwards. The Ebbsfleet United loanee was beaten minutes later when Goddard saw his effort hit the underside of the crossbar before coming back into play.

The pressure on the Wood goal continued when Murtagh showed a burst of pace before his run was illegally halted by Reynolds.

One booking and a free kick later Wood were behind. The impressive Daniel struck home an unreachable set piece into the top right-hand corner of the net.

It felt like a boil had been burst with five minutes to go to the interval, yet Wood showed signs of retaliation.

Woking stopper Jake Cole was forced to save at the feet of MacDonald before Luke Howell and Shakes combined inside the area, Cole pulling off a smart save to deny the former from close range.

The visitors, like in the first half, were quickest out of the trap after the restart. With just a minute played Holman's shot took a slight deflection and went inches over, earning a corner. Daniel's dead ball delivery swerved over the head of Edwards and needed a goalline clearance from Reynolds to prevent him claiming a second.

Borehamwood Times:

Ian Allinson was quick to redress the balance and the introduction of Matty Whichelow and Harry Crawford after 54 minutes had a positive impact.

Graeme Montgomery went close before Billy Clifford hit a fine effort that curled just the wrong side of the upright.

Further saves by Edwards from Murtagh and Daniel kept the lead a slender one.

At the other end Cole needed to rush out of his box to deny Shakes as the Wood started to enjoy more of the game.

Allinson played his final hand against the Cards in an attempt to get something from the game. Right-back Nunn made way for Morias and it changed the pattern of the game.

Both Montgomery and Whichelow had shots charged down before the moment of the afternoon arrived.

Montgomery played a ball down the left wing for Morias to chase. He gathered possession running in towards goal, going round the first defender before drifting past a second challenge, picking his moment to drive a low shot under the body of Cole.

Borehamwood Times:

The goal spurred Wood on and Allinson's side finished the game like men possessed, almost grabbing a winner in the fifth of seven additional minutes.

Montgomery's cross from the left was met by Shakes with a Woking defender getting a very slight touch to send his effort just inches over the bar.

Speaking after Wood boss Allinson said: “In the first half we lacked energy and were far too slow on the ball.

"Credit to Woking, they are a very decent side, but we let them win all the first and second balls. There were marked improvements in some of the squad second half and we got our reward.

"Junior has come off the bench and we know what he is capable of. Our attitude was first class again today in that we never gave up and if we keep on picking up points in this manner we should do alright in this league.”

Boreham Wood: Edwards; Nunn (Morias 76), Doe, Reynolds, Woodards; Shakes, Howell (Whichelow 54), C.Clifford, B.Clifford, Montgomery; MacDonald (Crawford 54)

Subs not used: Hill, Russell (GK).