SECTION 14(1)(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - HIGH STREET, WEALDSTONENotice ID: WAT0823748
SECTION 14(1)(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - HIGH STREET, WEALDSTONE
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they intend to make a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to facilitate utility works.
1. The order may be cited as The Harrow (High Street, Wealdstone) Temporary Traffic Order 2018, and would be operational on 22nd October 2018 and would remain in effect until 26th November 2018 or until the completion of the works, whichever is the sooner. It is anticipated that all of the work should be complete by 26th October 2018.
2. Vehicles would be prohibited from travelling in a north-bound direction on High Street, Wealdstone, between its junctions with Palmerston Road and George Gange Way.
3. The provisions of Item 1 of Schedule 4 to The Harrow (Prescribed Routes) (Wealdstone) (No.36) Traffic Order 2010 shall temporarily be revoked.
4. Nothing in paragraph 2 above would apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with traffic island works.
5. The provisions of the order will not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
6. Diversion route via Palmerston Road and George Gange Way. Dated 4th October 2018
Head of Service - Parking & Network Management,
PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA