SECTION 14(1)(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: WAT0724555
SECTION 14(1)(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY FOOTPATH CLOSURE -BETWEEN COURTENAY AVENUE AND CARMELITE ROAD THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they Intend to make a Temporary Traffic Management Order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This Is to allow work to take place.
1. The order may be cited as The Harrow (Urban Footpath No. 26) Temporary Traffic Order 2018, and shall become operational at 08:00hrs on 6th August 2018, and remain In effect for a maximum legal duration of 6 months, or until the completion of the works, whichever Is the sooner. It Is anticipated that the work should be complete by 21st September 2018.
2. The provisions of the order shall temporarily close Urban Footpath No. 26 between Courtenay Avenue and Carmelite Road.
3. Nothing In paragraph 2 above shall apply to:-
(a) prevent any person from proceeding along the said footpath In connection with the works;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable In uniform, or to any person performing their duty for the Police, Fire Brigade or Ambulance services.
4. The provisions of the order shall not have effect unless all the necessary signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed, or covered where appropriate. The provisions of the order may also be effective at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a traffic warden or a civil enforcement officer.
5. Diversion route: Pedestrians should take Courtenay Avenue, Bancroft Road and Carmelite Road and vice versa.
Dated 2nd August 2018 Ian Slaney
Head of Service - Parking & Network Management, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2XA