PROPOSED PARKING AMENDMENTS TO CONTROLLED PARKING ZONE CA WHITEFRIARS AVENUE, GRAHAM ROAD, WOLSELEY ROAD AND SIDE ROADS.Notice ID: WAT0597562
LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW PROPOSED PARKING AMENDMENTS TO CONTROLLED PARKING ZONE CA WHITEFRIARS AVENUE, GRAHAM ROAD, WOLSELEY ROAD AND SIDE ROADS.
The Harrow (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Amendment No.*) Traffic Order 201*
The Harrow (Parking Places) (Amendment No.*) Traffic Order 201 *
The Harrow (Prohibition of Stopping Outside Schools) (Amendment No.*)
Traffic Order 201*
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Harrow proposes to make the above mentioned orders under Sections 6, 7, 45, 46, 47, 124 and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and all other enabling powers.
2. The general effect of the orders would be to amend the existing waiting, loading and stopping restrictions in Whitefriars Avenue and at nearby junctions to alleviate congestion in the vicinity of Whitefriars Avenue and the cultural centre.
3. The general effect of the proposed waiting and loading restriction amendment order would be to further amend The Harrow (Waiting and Loading Restriction) Traffic Order 2014. Sections of at any time waiting restrictions are proposed in Whitefriars Avenue across entrances to premises, and on the north-east side between Nos. 20 and the cultural centre. At any time waiting restrictions are also proposed outside Nos. 2 and 37 & 39 Graham Road, and at the junctions of Wolseley Road with Havelock Road and Wellington Road. 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday loading restrictions are proposed at the following junctions; Whitefriars Avenue/Graham Road and Graham Road/Wolseley Road. A waiting restriction of 8am to 11am and 2pm to 4.30pm Monday to Friday, is proposed between the proposed amended school keep clear markings, to facilitate boarding and alighting between school entrances. Waiting restrictions of 12 noon to 2pm and 5pm to 8pm Monday to Friday, are proposed in Whitefriars Avenue in the permit bays adjacent No. 59 Graham Road, and fronting Nos. 43 to 57 Graham Road.
4. The general effect of the proposed parking places amendment order would be to further amend The Harrow (Parking Places) Traffic Order 2014, so as to make minor amendments to existing permit parking places. Some existing permit parking places are to be shortened by small lengths where 'at any time' waiting restrictions are proposed to create passing places.
5. The general effect of The Harrow (Prohibition of Stopping Outside Schools) (Amendment No.*) Traffic Order 201 * is to propose to reduce the overall length of the existing school keep clear markings
in Whitefriars Avenue on the west side, that operate 8.30am to 9.30am and 3pm to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. To the south of the proposed peak hour waiting restrictions, existing school keep clear markings are proposed to be reduced in length but amended to operate during the hours of 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. No changes are proposed to the stopping restrictions on the east side of Whitefriars Avenue.
6. The restrictions referred to in this notice would not apply in respect of anything done at the direction of a police constable in uniform or with the permission of a civil enforcement officer or other person authorised by the Council or in certain circumstances, or the carrying out of statutory powers or duties. The usual exemption relating to vehicles lawfully displaying a disabled person's "Blue Badge" would apply.
7. A copy of the proposed orders and other documents giving more detailed particulars of the orders are available for inspection between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday at the Civic Centre, until the expiration of a period of 21 days from the date on which this notice is published. Further information can be obtained by telephoning the Project Officer, Stephen Freeman on 020 8424 1437, or by visiting the traffic order page at www.harrow.gov.uk/trafficorders or by QR code on this notice.
8. All objections and other representations relating to the proposed orders must be made in writing and received at the address given below quoting reference DP2018-02 not later than 23rd May 2018. All objections must specify the grounds on which they are made. Email: transportation® harrow.gov.uk.
Dated 3rd May 2018
Head of Traffic, Highways and Asset Management Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA