ESSEX ROAD EN2 AND SYDNEY ROAD EN2 -INTRODUCTION OF A CONTRA-FLOW CYCLE LANENotice ID: WAT0540989
ESSEX ROAD EN2 AND SYDNEY ROAD EN2 -INTRODUCTION OF A CONTRA-FLOW CYCLE LANE
CHANGES TO BUSINESS PARKING PLACES and a RESIDENT PARKING PLACE IN ESSEX ROAD EN2 IN THE ENFIELD TOWN CONTROLLED PARKING ZONE
(SUB ZONE A)
Further information may be obtained from Traffic and Transportation, telephone number 020-8379 1462.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Enfield (the Council) have made the Enfield (Cycle Lanes) (No. 1) Order 2018, the Enfield (Business Parking Places) (Enfield Town) (No. 1) Order 2018, the Enfield (Resident Parking Places) (Enfield Town) (No. 1) Order 2018 under sections 6, 45, 46, 49, 84(1), 84(2) and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
2. The general effect of the Orders will be to:
(a) introduce a contra-flow cycle lane in Essex Road EN2 and Sydney Road EN2;
(b) amend the one-way traffic working in Essex Road EN2 and Sydney Road EN2 to accommodate the contra-flow cycle lane; and
(c) amend the location of business parking places and a residents parking place in Essex Road EN2.
3. A copy of the Orders, which will come into operation on 2 April 2018, and of other relevant documents, can be inspected at the Reception Desk, the Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive until the end of six weeks from the date on which the Orders were made.
4. Copies of the Order may be purchased from Traffic and Transportation, The Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD.
5. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Orders or of any provision contained therein on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or that any of the relevant requirements thereof or of any relevant regulation made thereunder has not been complied with in relation to the Orders may, within six weeks of the date on which the Orders were made, make application for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated 21 March 2018
David B. Taylor Head of Traffic and Transportation