SECTION 14(1 )(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - WHITTLESEA ROADNotice ID: WAT0334239
SECTION 14(1 )(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - WHITTLESEA ROAD
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they Intend to make a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to facilitate a road crossing to serve new supply to cedars centre.
1. The order may be cited as The Harrow (Whittlesea Road) Temporary Traffic Order 2017, and shall be operational from 08:00hrs on 23rd October 2017 and shall remain in effect until 26th November 2017 or until the completion of the works, whichever is the sooner. It is anticipated that all of the work should be complete by 26th October 2017.
2. Vehicles shall be prohibited from entering or exiting Whittlesea Road at its junction with Chicheley Road.
3. The provisions of Item 37 of Schedule 3 to The Harrow (Prescribed Routes) (No.2) Traffic Order 2015 shall temporarily be revoked. The section of Whittlesea Road, northern arm between its junction with Stafford Road and Chicheley Road shall revert from a one way street to a two way street.
4. Nothing in paragraph 2 or 3 above shall apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with the road crossing;
(e) any vehicles needing to gain access to properties in the closed extents as far as is practicably possible.
5. The provisions of the order will not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
6. Diversion route via Boxtree Lane, Stafford Road and Langton Road. Dated 19th October 2017
Head of Parking & Network Management, Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA