HARINGEY COUNCILNotice ID: WAT0226887
HARINGEY COUNCIL - PUBLIC NOTICE EXPERIMENTAL AMENDMENTS TO HIGHGATE A CONTROLLED PARKING ZONE THE HARINGEY (HIGHGATE A CPZ) (DESIGNATIONS) (AMENDMENT NO. 3) EXPERIMENTAL ORDER 2017 THE HARINGEY (HIGHGATE A CPZ) (SECTION 6) (AMENDMENT NO. 3) EXPERIMENTAL ORDER 2017 (This notice is about amendments to Highgate A CPZ (Controlled Parking Zone) as an experiment During the first 6 months that this scheme is in operation, objections may be made to it being continued permanently -see paragraph 5.) T29
(This notice is about amendments to Highgate A CPZ (Controlled Parking Zone) as an experiment During the first 6 months that this scheme is in operation, objections may be made to it being continued permanently -see paragraph 5.)
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on 5th July 2017 the Council of the London Borough of Haringey, hereinafter called the Council, made the above-mentioned Orders under sections 9, 10 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders will be to experimentally:-
(a) extend the length of certain existing parking places at various locations throughout the zone;
(b) convert certain existing business parking places in Highgate Hill N6 into resident permit parking places; and
(c) convert certain existing resident parking places in Cholmely Crescent N6 into permit holder parking places.
3. The Orders provide that in pursuance of Section 10(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, the delegated authority of the London Borough of Haringey, or some person authorised in that behalf, may if it appears essential in the interests of the expeditious, convenient and safe movement of traffic or for preserving or improving the amenities of the area through which any road affected by the Orders runs, modify or suspend the Orders or any provision thereof.
4. Copies of the Orders, which will come into force on 24th July 2017, of the Council's statement of reasons for making the Orders, together with a plan showing the locations and effects of the Orders may be inspected, throughout the period that it is in force, during normal office working hours, at the reception Desk, Alexandra House, 10 Station Road, Wood Green, N22 7TR or can be viewed online at www.haringey.gov.uk/traffic_orders.
5. The Council will be considering in due course whether the provisions of the Orders should be continued in force indefinitely by means of permanent Orders made under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 51 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. Any person may object to the making of the permanent Orders for the purpose of such indefinite continuation within a period of six months beginning with the day on which the above mentioned Orders came into force or, if the Orders are varied by other Orders or modified pursuant to section 10(2) of the 1984 Act, beginning with the day on which the latest variation or modification came into force. Any such objection must be made in writing and must state the grounds on which it is made and be sent to the Traffic Management Group, Alexandra House, 5th Floor, 10 Station Road, Wood Green, N22 7TR or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. If any person wishes to question the validity of the Orders or of any of their provisions on the grounds they are not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any requirement of that Act or of any instrument made under that Act has not been complied with, that person may, within 6 weeks from the date on which the Orders are made, apply for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated: 7th July 2017 Ann Cunningham, Head of Operations