PUBLIC NOTICE SECTION 14(1)(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES - UXBRIDGE ROAD, HARROW WEALD & BROOKSHILLNotice ID: WAT0171397
SECTION 14(1)(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES - UXBRIDGE ROAD, HARROW WEALD & BROOKSHILL
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they intend to make a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to facilitate traffic scheme works.
These works will be completed in two stages; please refer to the tables below.
1. The order may be cited as The Harrow (Uxbridge Road, Harrow Weald & Brookshill) Temporary Traffic Order 2017, and would be operational between 09:30hrs and 1S:30hrs on 30th May 2017 and would remain in effect until 2nd July 2017 or until the completion of the works, whichever is the sooner. It is anticipated that all of the work should be complete by 2nd June 2017.
2. Vehicles would be prohibited from entering the following road, when signs are in place;
Dates of Operation
(a) Brookshill; between its junctions with Clamp Hill/Old Redding and Uxbridge Road, Harrow Weald.
30/05/17 - 31/05/17
3. Vehicles would be prohibited from continuing in a southbound direction between the following length of road, when signs are in place;
Dates of Operation
(b) Uxbridge Road, Harrow Weald - at its junction with Brookshill and High Road.
01/06/17 - 02/06/17
4. Nothing in paragraph 2 above would apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with the traffic scheme work;
(e) any vehicles needing to gain access to properties in the closed extents as far as is practicably possible.
5. The provisions of the order will not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
6. Diversion routes - Stage 1; via Brookshill and Clamp Hill;
Stage 2; via Clamp Hill and Uxbridge Road, Harrow Weald. Dated 11th May 2017 Ian Slaney
Head of Parking & Network Management, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2XA