SECTION 14(1) (A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY EASTBOUND ROAD CLOSURE - LONG ELMESNotice ID: WAT0145554
SECTION 14(1) (A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991
TEMPORARY EASTBOUND ROAD CLOSURE - LONG ELMES
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they have made a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to facilitate the implementation of a highway safety scheme.
1. The order shall be cited as The Harrow (Long Elmes) Temporary Traffic Order 2017, and would be operational from 00:00hrs on 10th April 2017 and shall remain in effect during these hours until 30th July 2017 or until the completion of the works, whichever is the sooner. It is anticipated that all of the work should be complete by 17th April 2017.
2. Vehicles shall be prohibited from exiting Long Elmes between its junction with High Road, Harrow Weald and a point 43.00 metres west of that point.
3. Nothing in paragraph 2 above shall apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance,
fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of
a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with the highway safety scheme works;
(e) any vehicles needing to gain access to properties in the closed extents as far as is practicably possible.
5. The provisions of the order shall not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
6. Diversion: High Road, Uxbridge Road, Courtenay Avenue, Long Elmes and vice versa.
Dated 6th April 2017
Ian Slaney, Head of Parking and Network Management, Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2XA