MARLBOROUGH ROAD N22 AND WHITTINGTON ROAD N22 - TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFICNotice ID: WAT1718403
MARLBOROUGH ROAD N22 AND WHITTINGTON ROAD N22 - TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFIC
Further information may be obtained by telephoning Highway Services on 020 8379 2039.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that in order to facilitate essential utility works on Marlborough Road, Whittington Road N22, the Council of the London Borough of Enfield propose to make the Enfield (Marlborough Road, Whittington Road N22) (No.2) (Temporary Restriction of Traffic) Order 2020 under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
2. The effect of the Order would be to prohibit traffic;
(i) from entering or proceeding on Marlborough Road at its junction with Whittington Road to the common boundary of Nos. 124/126 Marlborough Road and;
(ii) from waiting and loading on Whittington Road between the common boundaries of Nos. 193/195 and 223/225 and between Nos. 184/186 and 198/200, as and when directed by signage.
3. The prohibitions referred to in paragraph 2 above would not apply to works persons or, if the works allow, to police or emergency services personnel.
4. The prohibitions would come into operation on 26 May 2020 and would continue in force for 4 days or until works are completed.
5. Whilst the prohibitions remain in force, the diversion route would be via Whittington Road, Palmerston Road, Myddleton Road, and vice versa.
Dated 13 May 2020
David B. Taylor Head of Traffic and Transportation