HARINGEY COUNCIL - PUBLIC NOTICENotice ID: WAT1421032
HARINGEY COUNCIL - PUBLIC NOTICE
DOWNNHILLS WAY, LORDSHIP LANE AND THE ROUNDWAY N15
PROPOSED PEDESTRIAN CROSSINGS AND AMENDMENTS TO PARKING PROVISION
THE HARINGEY (ST. ANNS CPZ) (DESIGNATIONS) (AMENDMENT NO. *) ORDER 201*
THE HARINGEY (ST. ANNS CPZ) (SECTION 6) (AMENDMENT NO. *) ORDER 201*
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Haringey, under section 23 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 proposes to relocate an existing pedestrian crossing, introduce a new one, and proposes to amend parking provision and waiting restrictions with the above-mentioned Orders under sections 6, 45, 46 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended, as detailed below.
2. The following measures are proposed:-
(a) installation of a 'Green Man' pedestrian crossing facility, incorporating countdown timers on Lordship Lane (eastern arm), Downhills Way and The Roundway;
(b) improved crossing facilities on western arm of Lordship Lane (uncontrolled) - including an upgraded pedestrian refuge island; conversion of the existing straight crossing to a staggered crossing on Lordship Lane (eastern arm);
(c) relocation of an existing bus stop in Lordship Lane from west to east of Turner Road, which would include a reduction of 25 metres of residents parking provision in order to facilitate the introduction of a bus cage;
(d) existing single yellow lines waiting restrictions to be upgraded to double yellow line restrictions operating at any time, by the junction.
3. Plans showing the location of the pedestrian crossings may be inspected for a period of 21 days from the date of this Notice during normal office working hours at the reception desk, Alexandra House, 10 Station Road, Wood Green, N22 7TR or can be viewed online
4. Copies of the proposed Orders and of the Council's statement of reasons for making the Orders and plans showing the locations and effects of the Orders may be inspected during normal office working hours until the end of a period of 6 weeks from the date on which the Orders are made or the Council decides not to make the Orders, at the reception desk, Alexandra House, 10 Station Road, Wood Green, N22 7TR or can be viewed online at
5. Any person desiring to object to the proposals or make other representation should send a statement in writing of either their objection and the grounds thereof or of their representation to the Traffic Management Group, River Park House, 1 st floor, 225, High Road, Wood Green, N22 8HQ or to
21 days from the date of this Notice.
Dated 23rd October 2019 Ann Cunningham Head of Operations