Boreham Wood made it four wins on the spin after a comfortable 1-0 victory over North Ferriby United at Meadow Park.

The home side created a number of chances in the first half especially, and on another day could quite easily have won by five or six goals.

Luke Garrard made two changes from the side that progressed in the previous week’s FA Cup success. In came Femi Ilesanmi in his customary left-back position while Kenny Davis slotted back in to the heart of the Wood midfield. Danny Woodards dropped to the bench, while Morgan Ferrier was unable to shake off the ankle injury he sustained in the victory over Hendon.

Wood’s first chance came when Anthony Jeffrey was left in acres of space out on the left and he cut back onto his right foot and whipped a ball towards the far post. Bruno Andrade got above his man and headed into the arms of Rory Watson.

Jeffrey was once again afforded plenty much space, picking the ball up from Ilesanmi and a glorious ball into the box found Angelo Balanta, whose deft touch forced Watson into a fine save.

The next opportunity arose when Andrade, on the overlap from Ben Nunn, delivered a cross into the penalty box and Jeffrey got there first, his first touch was good, but he volleyed over with the second.

The chances for the hosts kept coming when Davis came deep to pick up the ball and produced a neat touch and pass into Daniel Uchechi. The Nigerian played in Balanta, who on his left foot, took a touch shooting across the goal and off target.

The visitors were able to trouble the Wood defence when Stephen Brogan, on his left foot, whipped a ball into the box that deceived everyone, except Grant Smith who was on hand to collect the ball comfortably.

Jeffrey then once again caused problems down the left when he got the better of Sam Topliss and delivered a ball into the box for Kenny Davis, who came from deep, and the he midfielder sent an effort narrowly wide of the far post.

Out of nothing Connor Oliver had a strike from distance which looked to be heading for the top corner, only for Smith to leap and with an unbelievable tip, steer the ball onto the bar to keep the game goalless at the break.

Wood started the second half as they meant to go on by making the breakthrough. Uchechi found himself unusually out wide on the right. It was his ball into the box that was flicked on by Balanta to Jeffrey, who took a touch before firing past Watson.

Ilesanmi ventured forward, easing past three North Ferriby players and moving the ball onto his right foot, but his shot was blocked going out for a corner.

North Ferriby boss Steve Houlsham certainly went to get an equaliser by altering his formation to a 3-4-3. Questions were starting to be asked of the Wood backline but it held firm.

Balanta then forced a fine save from Watson. Ricky Shakes picked up the rebound but couldn’t get enough power on the ball to force it beyond Taron Hare, who cleared his effort off the line.

Adriano Moke could have doubled the Wood’s lead deep into injury time but his curling effort was well saved by Watson.

Boreham Wood: Smith, Nunn, Ricketts, Paine, Davis, Andrade, Jeffrey (Shakes), Ilesanmi, Balanta, Uchechi (Moke), Devera. Subs not used: Woodards, Lucas, Kuhl.