After a rather subdued first half where both sides cancelled each other out, Boreham Wood came out the blocks fastest in the second half and a near faultless performance secured a 2-0 win at Dagenham & Redbridge in the National League.

Morgan Ferrier put the Wood ahead in the 49th minute after great work down the left and after pressure from the home side Kenny Davis sealed the win with a effort which hit the top right hand corner of the net.

Luke Garrard made two changes from the side which lost to Maidstone United on Monday. Out went Benn Nunn and Adriano Moke, in came Danny Woodards and a fit again Morgan Ferrier.

There was a place on the bench for Jamie Lucas who returned to the club on Thursday on loan from Bristol Rovers and Daniel Uchechi who was back following an injury in pre-season.

The first real chance of the game came in the 11th minute when a Dagenham break away allowed Jordan Maguire-Drew to travel with the ball, he played in Fejiri Okenabirhie who shot thankfully for Grant Smith straight at him.

Boss Garrard was forced into an early change, after a bang to the head in the first few minutes Danny Woodards was unable to continue and replaced by Ben Nunn.

Neat work down the left involving Angelo Balanta and Femi Ilesanmi earned Wood a corner which was well dealt with by the home side.

Grant Smith had to be on hand to make a smart save from an in swinging corner from Jordan Maguire-Drew which looked to be heading towards the far top corner.

Angelo Balanta tested Elliott Justham with five minutes of the first half left a bouncing ball just outside the box and on the turn his left footed shot was well saved.

However just as half-time approached, Mark Ricketts fouled Oliver Hawkins 22 yards from goal. Maguire-Drew produced a great free-kick but it was a better save from Grant Smith who tipped over for a corner.

Wood started the second half brightly, a cross from the left from Angelo Balanta allowed Ferrier to head past Elliott Justham to give Wood the lead.

A mistake from Joe Devera nearly let Dagenham back into the game, a weak back header didn’t reach Grant Smith and Fejiri Okenabirhie put his effort the wrong side of the post.

Ferrier had a great chance to double Wood’s lead after a neat interchange down the left and a ball inside by Femi Ilesanmi but he fired over the bar.

A lovely diagonal ball from Josh Staunton found Oliver Hawkins at the back post, after a great first touch he skied his effort over the bar.

Hawkins was an aerial threat all afternoon and forced Grant Smith into another save, a long ball from Scott Doe straight onto the head of Hawkins who headed down but Smith was able to push it round the post.

Right on the 90th minute Kenny Davis put the game to bed, Nunn on the overlap from Morgan the cross was half cleared and as cool as you like Davis put the ball in the top corner to give Wood all three points.

Boreham Wood: Smith, Woodards (Nunn), Ilesanmi, Payne, Devera, Clifford, Kuhl (Lucas), Davis, Ricketts, Balanta, Ferrier (Moke)

Substitutes: Boal, Uchechi, Moke, Lucas

Referee: Anthony Coggins

Attendance: 1312 (55 Away)