Boreham Wood built on their opening day win with an emphatic 6-0 victory at newly-promoted Hemel Hempstead Town on Tuesday.

Ian Allinson’s men had won 2-0 against Farnborough three days earlier before thrashing the Tudors to move top of the Conference South standings.

Braces for the devastating Lee Angol and Graeme Montgomery sealed the win, with Matty Whichelow and Austin Lipman also on the scoresheet.

Despite the eventual scoreline, it was Hemel who started the brighter, with Daniel Talbot and Jordan Parkes both testing the reactions of Wood goalkeeper James Russell.

The Wood took the lead when summer signing Angol collected a flick-on from Scott Thomas before racing away from his marker and beating Hemel keeper Laurie Walker with ease.

A minute before half-time, Montgomery scored the first of his two to put the visitors in control.

Playing a one-two with full-back Ben Nunn, the winger squeezed past Parkes on the byline before cutting in and firing a beyond Walker from a seemingly impossible angle.

Thirty seconds into the second half, Arsenal loanee Lipman killed the game off, running onto Angol’s through-ball and finishing with aplomb.

A fourth was not far off and it was the perseverance of Angol which earned it, the Luton Town loanee putting pressure on Walker and the nearest Hemel defender before slotting home.

Wood were not done there, though, and Montgomery added a second in quick succession – the first of three in just nine minutes for Allinson’s rampant side.

Picking up a throw-in from Greg Morgan, Whichelow fed Montgomery, the winger audaciously lofting over the beleaguered Walker in the Tudors goal with a deft lob.

The sixth goal also involved Angol, the forward testing Walker with a fierce effort which re-bounded into the path of Whichelow to tuck home.

Montgomery and Angol had stolen the show three days earlier when Wood opened their 2014/15 campaign with a 2-0 win over Farnborough at Meadow Park.

The game was ultimately put to bed in the first half and it only took 82 seconds for the Wood to break the deadlock – with an unstoppable 30-yard volley from Montgomery.

The visitors found themselves under intense pressure with 18-year-old Lipman threatening from a telling Ricky Shakes’ delivery.

Moments later, Montgomery saw a venomous effort crash back off the underside of the crossbar.

Allinson’s men then grabbed the second goal on the break when Angol took on his man and swerved a precise effort past helpless Farnborough keeper Charlie Grainger.

Despite the best efforts of the inimitable Angol, the Wood only took a 2-0 lead into the break.

The visitors asserted themselves more in the second half and Matthew Ball was denied by an impressive Russell save minutes after the restart in what was the start of a promising spell for Farnborough.

Paul Rodgers came close for the visitors when his effort was deflected on the post by Russell, before the introduction of Whichelow saw the pendulum swing back in Boreham Wood’s favour.

Montgomery and Sam Cox both saw good chances go astray before full-time as Wood opened the new campaign in the best possible fashion.