Petition launched calling for new Jewish primary school in Borehamwood

A petition has been launched urging Hertfordshire County Council to help fund the construction of a new Jewish primary school on the site of Yavneh College.

The petition has already received more than 550 signatures.

The campaign follows the decision of the council not to give capital funding to the college which would allow it open a primary school in September this year on its site in Hillside Avenue, Borehamwood.

Organisers say there is an overwhelming need for additional Jewish primary school places in Borehamwood to meet the needs of the rapidly growing community in the town.

Comments (86)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:48pm Sat 17 Mar 12

Maverosi says...

In these times with cutbacks , they must be joking we need a secular primary school far more than a devisive and non inclusive primary .
I have no problem if they want their own school but pay for it on their own
In these times with cutbacks , they must be joking we need a secular primary school far more than a devisive and non inclusive primary . I have no problem if they want their own school but pay for it on their own Maverosi

7:19pm Sat 17 Mar 12

uxorious1 says...

Spot on Maverosi, but I would added the sooner government bans all devisive schooling based on religon the better.
Spot on Maverosi, but I would added the sooner government bans all devisive schooling based on religon the better. uxorious1

8:29pm Sat 17 Mar 12

Maverosi says...

Education not segregation
Education not segregation Maverosi

8:56pm Sat 17 Mar 12

RedBen says...

My thoughts are that the council should be building more schools in the area before they build any more homes or release funding for a faith school. I'm all for funding for a faith school after other schools are built first.
My thoughts are that the council should be building more schools in the area before they build any more homes or release funding for a faith school. I'm all for funding for a faith school after other schools are built first. RedBen

8:59pm Sat 17 Mar 12

Sandra2 says...

Another inclusive primary school is definitely needed for ALL our children.
Another inclusive primary school is definitely needed for ALL our children. Sandra2

8:04am Sun 18 Mar 12

jimmykrankie says...

I think there is a misunderstanding here. The council is being asked for a contribution towards the school, not to fund the entire project. The jewish community has already paid millions of pounds towards the creation of this school, including architect fees to design it and numerous council applications. To all those who want a school "inclusive to all" - what have you done to get your project off the ground? I'll tell you. Nothing. You can start a free school these days. Do so. The trouble with most of Borehamwood's residents is they just expect a new school to be built for them without them having to lift a finger or contribute a penny. Laughable really. Although I am happy for Sandra2 and Maverosi to correct me and detail all the hard work they have put in to get their school started...
I think there is a misunderstanding here. The council is being asked for a contribution towards the school, not to fund the entire project. The jewish community has already paid millions of pounds towards the creation of this school, including architect fees to design it and numerous council applications. To all those who want a school "inclusive to all" - what have you done to get your project off the ground? I'll tell you. Nothing. You can start a free school these days. Do so. The trouble with most of Borehamwood's residents is they just expect a new school to be built for them without them having to lift a finger or contribute a penny. Laughable really. Although I am happy for Sandra2 and Maverosi to correct me and detail all the hard work they have put in to get their school started... jimmykrankie

11:25am Sun 18 Mar 12

Maverosi says...

And Jimmy we pay for schools , it's called council tax
And Jimmy we pay for schools , it's called council tax Maverosi

3:37pm Sun 18 Mar 12

Maverosi says...

The Education and Skills Panel of Hertfordshire County Council has now concluded that for the school year commencing September 2012, the need for primary school places in other areas of Hertfordshire is more pressing than in Borehamwood. It has therefore decided to prioritise these areas for distribution of the limited capital funds available to it. This means that the Council is unable to offer the necessary funding to Yavneh College to enable us to proceed with our application to the Secretary of State to open a primary section in September 2012.

"the need for primary school places in other areas of Hertfordshire is more pressing than in Borehamwood."

Typical that you choose to jump up and down screaming like a spoilt toddler because you demand to be treated more equally than other members of society
The Education and Skills Panel of Hertfordshire County Council has now concluded that for the school year commencing September 2012, the need for primary school places in other areas of Hertfordshire is more pressing than in Borehamwood. It has therefore decided to prioritise these areas for distribution of the limited capital funds available to it. This means that the Council is unable to offer the necessary funding to Yavneh College to enable us to proceed with our application to the Secretary of State to open a primary section in September 2012. "the need for primary school places in other areas of Hertfordshire is more pressing than in Borehamwood." Typical that you choose to jump up and down screaming like a spoilt toddler because you demand to be treated more equally than other members of society Maverosi

3:42pm Sun 18 Mar 12

Maverosi says...

Bushey, Radlett, Elstree and Shenley. The cost of an annual pass will be comparable to the subsidised rates that pupils currently pay.

In addition, in response to demand from families in North and North West London, the school will be introducing school bus services at affordable rates for pupils living in Edgware, Stanmore, Mill Hill, Hendon, Golders Green, Cockfosters, Southgate, High Barnet, Pinner and Hatch End.

All of these services will start during the course of this school year.


Yes really highlights the need for the school for Borehamwood and blows apart the argument of freeing spaces in other Borehamwood primaries
Bushey, Radlett, Elstree and Shenley. The cost of an annual pass will be comparable to the subsidised rates that pupils currently pay. In addition, in response to demand from families in North and North West London, the school will be introducing school bus services at affordable rates for pupils living in Edgware, Stanmore, Mill Hill, Hendon, Golders Green, Cockfosters, Southgate, High Barnet, Pinner and Hatch End. All of these services will start during the course of this school year. Yes really highlights the need for the school for Borehamwood and blows apart the argument of freeing spaces in other Borehamwood primaries Maverosi

3:50pm Sun 18 Mar 12

RedBen says...

Maverosi yet again misses the point. They asked for a subsidy which git turned down. They put up a major proportion of the money themselves.Only person jumping up and down is you Maverosi. Do something yourself for a change and no one believes in your make believe claims of helping anyone. Reading your posts you claim to be many things which to be frank is completely out of your imagination . You are just a pathetic Billy Liar.
Maverosi yet again misses the point. They asked for a subsidy which git turned down. They put up a major proportion of the money themselves.Only person jumping up and down is you Maverosi. Do something yourself for a change and no one believes in your make believe claims of helping anyone. Reading your posts you claim to be many things which to be frank is completely out of your imagination . You are just a pathetic Billy Liar. RedBen

4:12pm Sun 18 Mar 12

Maverosi says...

In your eyes .
And there is no money for it , they have already been told.
But well done for keeping it on topic . You only let yourself down at the end
I really couldn't care what anyone on here thinks of me . It isn't a popularity contest , its a forum for debate .
It is just that some can manage to hear things they don't like and reply without the bitter insults
In your eyes . And there is no money for it , they have already been told. But well done for keeping it on topic . You only let yourself down at the end I really couldn't care what anyone on here thinks of me . It isn't a popularity contest , its a forum for debate . It is just that some can manage to hear things they don't like and reply without the bitter insults Maverosi

8:36pm Sun 18 Mar 12

jimmykrankie says...

Maverosi, calm down dear. The money will come and school will be built, and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Why don't you see if you and your cronies can open an inclusive primary in the meantime. Let me know how you get on. It can be done. There are many many examples. All it takes is some dedication and some cash. Stop wasting your time on here and get going. The only thing stopping your dream rainbow school happening is your inability to do anything other than rant on a website.
Maverosi, calm down dear. The money will come and school will be built, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Why don't you see if you and your cronies can open an inclusive primary in the meantime. Let me know how you get on. It can be done. There are many many examples. All it takes is some dedication and some cash. Stop wasting your time on here and get going. The only thing stopping your dream rainbow school happening is your inability to do anything other than rant on a website. jimmykrankie

9:57pm Sun 18 Mar 12

Maverosi says...

I don't mind the school being built jim.
It just wont be with herts educational money .
I don't mind the school being built jim. It just wont be with herts educational money . Maverosi

10:18pm Sun 18 Mar 12

jimmykrankie says...

but it will be. the majority will be privately funded and a contribution will be made by herts council. afterall, herts council has a duty to educate these children does it not?
but it will be. the majority will be privately funded and a contribution will be made by herts council. afterall, herts council has a duty to educate these children does it not? jimmykrankie

10:24pm Sun 18 Mar 12

Maverosi says...

Not at the expense of neglecting the education of all others . You already said those schools are failing , surely they need the money more . Besides the children from all religions are free to go to them .
It just appears that some parents don't want their children to mix with them .
Plenty of pupils coming from outside herts to Yavenah , so why should they get herts educational budget money .
they have done a wonderful job of finding money elsewhere so far so I am sure it wont be a problem for them
Not at the expense of neglecting the education of all others . You already said those schools are failing , surely they need the money more . Besides the children from all religions are free to go to them . It just appears that some parents don't want their children to mix with them . Plenty of pupils coming from outside herts to Yavenah , so why should they get herts educational budget money . they have done a wonderful job of finding money elsewhere so far so I am sure it wont be a problem for them Maverosi

12:37am Mon 19 Mar 12

sined says...

jimmykrankie wrote:
I think there is a misunderstanding here. The council is being asked for a contribution towards the school, not to fund the entire project. The jewish community has already paid millions of pounds towards the creation of this school, including architect fees to design it and numerous council applications. To all those who want a school "inclusive to all" - what have you done to get your project off the ground? I'll tell you. Nothing. You can start a free school these days. Do so. The trouble with most of Borehamwood's residents is they just expect a new school to be built for them without them having to lift a finger or contribute a penny. Laughable really. Although I am happy for Sandra2 and Maverosi to correct me and detail all the hard work they have put in to get their school started...
we would not need a new school built, if hillside was not taken over. hovis.
[quote][p][bold]jimmykrankie[/bold] wrote: I think there is a misunderstanding here. The council is being asked for a contribution towards the school, not to fund the entire project. The jewish community has already paid millions of pounds towards the creation of this school, including architect fees to design it and numerous council applications. To all those who want a school "inclusive to all" - what have you done to get your project off the ground? I'll tell you. Nothing. You can start a free school these days. Do so. The trouble with most of Borehamwood's residents is they just expect a new school to be built for them without them having to lift a finger or contribute a penny. Laughable really. Although I am happy for Sandra2 and Maverosi to correct me and detail all the hard work they have put in to get their school started...[/p][/quote]we would not need a new school built, if hillside was not taken over. hovis. sined

8:50am Mon 19 Mar 12

DrHarris says...

From my understanding when the schooling system in Borehamwood changed, most of the schools that remained open were expanded to cover the loss of the other schools.

Albeit there is arguments for and against single faith schools, surely if a new school opens regardless of stature, it creates more places for children. Even if Jewish children leave another school to attend, that opens another space for another child at the original school.
From my understanding when the schooling system in Borehamwood changed, most of the schools that remained open were expanded to cover the loss of the other schools. Albeit there is arguments for and against single faith schools, surely if a new school opens regardless of stature, it creates more places for children. Even if Jewish children leave another school to attend, that opens another space for another child at the original school. DrHarris

10:02am Mon 19 Mar 12

Maverosi says...

DrHarris wrote:
From my understanding when the schooling system in Borehamwood changed, most of the schools that remained open were expanded to cover the loss of the other schools.

Albeit there is arguments for and against single faith schools, surely if a new school opens regardless of stature, it creates more places for children. Even if Jewish children leave another school to attend, that opens another space for another child at the original school.
maybe in Golders green or southgate , radlett prep etc .
Not many in the normal school system
[quote][p][bold]DrHarris[/bold] wrote: From my understanding when the schooling system in Borehamwood changed, most of the schools that remained open were expanded to cover the loss of the other schools. Albeit there is arguments for and against single faith schools, surely if a new school opens regardless of stature, it creates more places for children. Even if Jewish children leave another school to attend, that opens another space for another child at the original school.[/p][/quote]maybe in Golders green or southgate , radlett prep etc . Not many in the normal school system Maverosi

11:41am Mon 19 Mar 12

DrHarris says...

Maverosi, do you own property in Borehamwood?

If so, you may have noticed predominantly due to the influx of the Jewish community, your property has increased in value of the past few years, during a time when nationally the property prices have fallen.
Maverosi, do you own property in Borehamwood? If so, you may have noticed predominantly due to the influx of the Jewish community, your property has increased in value of the past few years, during a time when nationally the property prices have fallen. DrHarris

12:27pm Mon 19 Mar 12

pressy says...

Is there a moderator looking at these comments? Some (regular) contributors rant on and on ad infinitum, and it is really laughable to see some of the racist comments on here and to see them being tolerated by the Borehamwood Times. I would imagine that the number of people actually looking at these comments is very small indeed, so perhaps we should just stick to the letters page in the newspaper, so at least they will will be moderated in that way, and be seen by more readers.
Is there a moderator looking at these comments? Some (regular) contributors rant on and on ad infinitum, and it is really laughable to see some of the racist comments on here and to see them being tolerated by the Borehamwood Times. I would imagine that the number of people actually looking at these comments is very small indeed, so perhaps we should just stick to the letters page in the newspaper, so at least they will will be moderated in that way, and be seen by more readers. pressy

12:38pm Mon 19 Mar 12

LEGS1982 says...

What have people in borehamwood done to contribute? Pupils & parents of the old Hillside School & Furzehill School fundraised for years & years to help get the money together to build the new gym & music dept on Hillside & new gym on furzehill. Lots of effort from people all over bwood contributed.
What happend soon after they were finished? Hillside's couldn't have been up 10 yrs before the site was sold and Furzehill maybe 5 before it became a housing site. This is a contributing reason why people in borehamwood feel like there efforts are not recognised!
What have people in borehamwood done to contribute? Pupils & parents of the old Hillside School & Furzehill School fundraised for years & years to help get the money together to build the new gym & music dept on Hillside & new gym on furzehill. Lots of effort from people all over bwood contributed. What happend soon after they were finished? Hillside's couldn't have been up 10 yrs before the site was sold and Furzehill maybe 5 before it became a housing site. This is a contributing reason why people in borehamwood feel like there efforts are not recognised! LEGS1982

1:21pm Mon 19 Mar 12

Bwood Dad says...

I've never posted on here before but feel i need to. I am jewish. I would ask RedBen and a couple of others (not necessarily on this thread) to be careful what he is saying, as it is reflecting badly on the rest of us. Whilst i agree that there are definitely anti-semitic undertones in the posts of some people on here (eg maverosi), to respond with such aggressive comments yourself just makes things worse. Its best to just rise above it, you are just taking the bait. After all, if someone is racist they're not going to change their minds just because of some abuse on a discussion board. Just leave them be and hope you never meet them in person. And as for Dr Harris' comment about jews improving house prices - you're just asking for trouble mate. Its just going to give us a bad name. By all means report explicitly racist comments and respond if you need to put facts straight etc, but lets not fan the flames. People get drawn to particular stories more if they see there are lots of comments, so let the people have their say and the discussion will peter out. Personally almost all my friends happen to be jewish so i dont actually socialise with many of the 'born and bred' borehamwood folk (albeit myself and my children have lived here all our lives!), but its not a deliberate choice to avoid non-jewish people and i just want to go about my normal business. i dont walk to the shopping park and think about 'them and us'. Lets not make things worse for ourselves by commenting on here. I dont intend to post again and wont be drawn into a big debate with the likes of maverosi and co. Some of you have too much time on your hands.
I've never posted on here before but feel i need to. I am jewish. I would ask RedBen and a couple of others (not necessarily on this thread) to be careful what he is saying, as it is reflecting badly on the rest of us. Whilst i agree that there are definitely anti-semitic undertones in the posts of some people on here (eg maverosi), to respond with such aggressive comments yourself just makes things worse. Its best to just rise above it, you are just taking the bait. After all, if someone is racist they're not going to change their minds just because of some abuse on a discussion board. Just leave them be and hope you never meet them in person. And as for Dr Harris' comment about jews improving house prices - you're just asking for trouble mate. Its just going to give us a bad name. By all means report explicitly racist comments and respond if you need to put facts straight etc, but lets not fan the flames. People get drawn to particular stories more if they see there are lots of comments, so let the people have their say and the discussion will peter out. Personally almost all my friends happen to be jewish so i dont actually socialise with many of the 'born and bred' borehamwood folk (albeit myself and my children have lived here all our lives!), but its not a deliberate choice to avoid non-jewish people and i just want to go about my normal business. i dont walk to the shopping park and think about 'them and us'. Lets not make things worse for ourselves by commenting on here. I dont intend to post again and wont be drawn into a big debate with the likes of maverosi and co. Some of you have too much time on your hands. Bwood Dad

10:46pm Mon 19 Mar 12

Maverosi says...

Council tax pays for schools , or is supposed to . What next ? buying your own police
You can turn that argument around and say,
where are the rest of the cheques for the primary you are doing such a good job you don't need public money
They have said there are much more deserving causes for the money at the moment . Much more need elsewhere in Herts , yet the people behind this petition are jumping up and down like a over tired two year old .
Pathetic , they should just take what they have been told and reapply next year
Council tax pays for schools , or is supposed to . What next ? buying your own police You can turn that argument around and say, where are the rest of the cheques for the primary you are doing such a good job you don't need public money They have said there are much more deserving causes for the money at the moment . Much more need elsewhere in Herts , yet the people behind this petition are jumping up and down like a over tired two year old . Pathetic , they should just take what they have been told and reapply next year Maverosi

11:24pm Mon 19 Mar 12

ex radlett resident says...

well whats wrong with mixing with all other kids of different faiths and all going to one school
well whats wrong with mixing with all other kids of different faiths and all going to one school ex radlett resident

11:31pm Mon 19 Mar 12

MarkyMarkoxford says...

nothing faith ,and this is my opinion has no place in schools,

Faith should be taught out of school and then the kids could be left to learn and be kids.
nothing faith ,and this is my opinion has no place in schools, Faith should be taught out of school and then the kids could be left to learn and be kids. MarkyMarkoxford

11:03am Tue 20 Mar 12

pressy says...

This is so entertaining! I'm having a really good laugh at all the nasty comments on here. Its better than anything that's on TV. What a bunch of comedians we have in our area and one of them might be living next door to you!!!!
This is so entertaining! I'm having a really good laugh at all the nasty comments on here. Its better than anything that's on TV. What a bunch of comedians we have in our area and one of them might be living next door to you!!!! pressy

11:56am Tue 20 Mar 12

Bwood Dad says...

RedBen - let them argue amongst themselves - switch that PC off and go do something else. This is an argument you will never win. Just leave it be. Please.
RedBen - let them argue amongst themselves - switch that PC off and go do something else. This is an argument you will never win. Just leave it be. Please. Bwood Dad

5:58pm Tue 20 Mar 12

dannyagent says...

wow, how a thread can turn into into complete and utter bile, so time for my viewpoint. I am Jewish and happily went to a multi-faith school, and had a decent education, however a lot of my friends are still Jewish, anhyd inhy the majoiribty of cases, mny educabtionhy was far more rounded than Jewish or any other single faith schools, as at the Jewish schools you only get one opinion. I studied the second world war at school and found it intriguing how Hitler was before he went all nuts and killed jews, gays, gypsies etc - this angle would not even be looked into at a jewish school.

However, the schools in the wood, are generally on the side of extremely poor, and i do believe that good quality multi-faith schools need to be built and/or improved before any more single faith schools get built in this area. My Jewish friends need to understand that we cant always have it our own way - and i am sure a lot of people will be up in arm if there was a muslim only school built in the area - its the same thing!

Just becuase as a faith we as Jews are moving out i.e first east london, then NW london and now south Herts, does NOT mean that schools should move with us - unless it is all funded by private partners.

Maverosi i do not think is racist, possibly misguided with a hint of biggotness - but not a racist (there is a difference), however exradlett - your first two posts to this thread are disgusting and to a degree disturbing, your intolerance of other faiths is astounding.
wow, how a thread can turn into into complete and utter bile, so time for my viewpoint. I am Jewish and happily went to a multi-faith school, and had a decent education, however a lot of my friends are still Jewish, anhyd inhy the majoiribty of cases, mny educabtionhy was far more rounded than Jewish or any other single faith schools, as at the Jewish schools you only get one opinion. I studied the second world war at school and found it intriguing how Hitler was before he went all nuts and killed jews, gays, gypsies etc - this angle would not even be looked into at a jewish school. However, the schools in the wood, are generally on the side of extremely poor, and i do believe that good quality multi-faith schools need to be built and/or improved before any more single faith schools get built in this area. My Jewish friends need to understand that we cant always have it our own way - and i am sure a lot of people will be up in arm if there was a muslim only school built in the area - its the same thing! Just becuase as a faith we as Jews are moving out i.e first east london, then NW london and now south Herts, does NOT mean that schools should move with us - unless it is all funded by private partners. Maverosi i do not think is racist, possibly misguided with a hint of biggotness - but not a racist (there is a difference), however exradlett - your first two posts to this thread are disgusting and to a degree disturbing, your intolerance of other faiths is astounding. dannyagent

6:05pm Tue 20 Mar 12

dannyagent says...

sorry about a couple of typos, have computer problems with sticky keys.

Note to self: do not enter debates online, after stumbling over 18+ websites! :-)
sorry about a couple of typos, have computer problems with sticky keys. Note to self: do not enter debates online, after stumbling over 18+ websites! :-) dannyagent

7:05pm Tue 20 Mar 12

MarkyMarkoxford says...

@dannyagent, I must thank you for bring sense to this. everything thing you said here is exactly the way i think and all good people regardless of faith would do well to consider.
Thank you for a point well made.
@dannyagent, I must thank you for bring sense to this. everything thing you said here is exactly the way i think and all good people regardless of faith would do well to consider. Thank you for a point well made. MarkyMarkoxford

8:22pm Tue 20 Mar 12

Pat Sperry says...

Well done dannyagent, a voice of reason at last! Redben obviously has a hidden agenda and wishes to try to stir up racial hatred where none is felt (except possibly by him). The rest of the people on this thread just want justice and fairness - for everybody!
Well done dannyagent, a voice of reason at last! Redben obviously has a hidden agenda and wishes to try to stir up racial hatred where none is felt (except possibly by him). The rest of the people on this thread just want justice and fairness - for everybody! Pat Sperry

8:45pm Tue 20 Mar 12

Sandra2 says...

i would take exception to the quote that the schools in borehamwood are on the side of poor. Hertswood is improving alot, just a shame it's so big!

I guess it's easy to judge if your own children haven't attended it!
i would take exception to the quote that the schools in borehamwood are on the side of poor. Hertswood is improving alot, just a shame it's so big! I guess it's easy to judge if your own children haven't attended it! Sandra2

8:49pm Tue 20 Mar 12

RedBen says...

No hidden agenda I can assure you. Why can't everyone just let the Jewish community alone. Leave all religious communities alone. As I've said in a previous post thank god in the real world in this town we all get on just fine. Jews, christians, muslims and others integrate everyday on our streets. Its great. Several posters here though have an agenda and I'm delighted the police are involved. Reading back some of the posts they will be, I know, very interested in the content and tone towards attempts to alienate a section of the community.
No hidden agenda I can assure you. Why can't everyone just let the Jewish community alone. Leave all religious communities alone. As I've said in a previous post thank god in the real world in this town we all get on just fine. Jews, christians, muslims and others integrate everyday on our streets. Its great. Several posters here though have an agenda and I'm delighted the police are involved. Reading back some of the posts they will be, I know, very interested in the content and tone towards attempts to alienate a section of the community. RedBen

9:54pm Tue 20 Mar 12

Maverosi says...

Massive difference between your perception and your actual hatecrime , be it towards mental illness ,dyslexics and just bullying and intimidation of others . Should make for an interesting few weeks . People are allowed to disagree with the jewish community . It is allowed bitterness , inflamation and libel are not though
Massive difference between your perception and your actual hatecrime , be it towards mental illness ,dyslexics and just bullying and intimidation of others . Should make for an interesting few weeks . People are allowed to disagree with the jewish community . It is allowed bitterness , inflamation and libel are not though Maverosi

9:59pm Tue 20 Mar 12

RedBen says...

Your insults will be interpreted very well that I can guarantee.
Your insults will be interpreted very well that I can guarantee. RedBen

12:20am Wed 21 Mar 12

MarkyMarkoxford says...

lets get way from who hates who and dose not hate who. There is one nasty person on here I shall name him as he has said many nasty things about me on this and another forum Red Ben I am starting to believe he is anit Jewish and by pretending to be on the Jewish side stirring up anger hopping it will turn to hate. If you find him offensive report his posts and he has already been reported to the police who are investigating his posts and the times is aware also. I have also reported ex radlett to the times for his first 2 posts
lets get way from who hates who and dose not hate who. There is one nasty person on here I shall name him as he has said many nasty things about me on this and another forum Red Ben I am starting to believe he is anit Jewish and by pretending to be on the Jewish side stirring up anger hopping it will turn to hate. If you find him offensive report his posts and he has already been reported to the police who are investigating his posts and the times is aware also. I have also reported ex radlett to the times for his first 2 posts MarkyMarkoxford

9:16am Wed 21 Mar 12

RedBen says...

Because its easier to go direct to the investigating officer as it would if you had a contact for any insurance claim. I've nothing to hide and everything to gain from this because theres been some accusations that won't go away. I'm looking forward to showing the facts especially the racial undertones of several posts from yourfriends. I've called several made posters with made up monicles what I thought of them. I've never insulted a community, attacked a religion or made thats. May have been rude and told you to shut up but nothing worse. Accusing me of being this Radlett chap and anti jewish is rich and something that needs to be addressed as does your friend first posts where he aggressively mentions the French murders and the middle east. Thats aggressiveness and designed to cause anti jewish feeling. So yes it would be good to talk to the editor or police and I look forward to doing so.
Because its easier to go direct to the investigating officer as it would if you had a contact for any insurance claim. I've nothing to hide and everything to gain from this because theres been some accusations that won't go away. I'm looking forward to showing the facts especially the racial undertones of several posts from yourfriends. I've called several made posters with made up monicles what I thought of them. I've never insulted a community, attacked a religion or made thats. May have been rude and told you to shut up but nothing worse. Accusing me of being this Radlett chap and anti jewish is rich and something that needs to be addressed as does your friend first posts where he aggressively mentions the French murders and the middle east. Thats aggressiveness and designed to cause anti jewish feeling. So yes it would be good to talk to the editor or police and I look forward to doing so. RedBen

9:25am Wed 21 Mar 12

Maverosi says...

yes and you accused someone of being the killer riding on a black moped , after crying not to speak on the thread after the children's murders .Shows your real character . You have insulted mental illness dyslexia and many other things , that constitutes hate crime
yes and you accused someone of being the killer riding on a black moped , after crying not to speak on the thread after the children's murders .Shows your real character . You have insulted mental illness dyslexia and many other things , that constitutes hate crime Maverosi

9:26am Wed 21 Mar 12

RedBen says...

That should read never made threats. And several posters here don't use their real names . To accuse me of having several log in names is another accusation too far.
That should read never made threats. And several posters here don't use their real names . To accuse me of having several log in names is another accusation too far. RedBen

9:31am Wed 21 Mar 12

Maverosi says...

Not at all and not illegal , and what of your pride login
It isn't hard to clear up as the moderators have a digital signature for each post and will be able to see
The police phone numbers for you by the way
01707 345000 or
0845 3300222 let us know how you get on
Not at all and not illegal , and what of your pride login It isn't hard to clear up as the moderators have a digital signature for each post and will be able to see The police phone numbers for you by the way 01707 345000 or 0845 3300222 let us know how you get on Maverosi

9:32am Wed 21 Mar 12

RedBen says...

I never insulted dyslexia o. r mental illness. Had an argument with someone who has dyslexia, before he told us he did, and accused you of being mental. Thats not insulting mental illness or dyslexia. As for Radlett well you stick up for him then that says it all in my book. Incidently I was called"going mental"at football last week. Should I sue,
I never insulted dyslexia o. r mental illness. Had an argument with someone who has dyslexia, before he told us he did, and accused you of being mental. Thats not insulting mental illness or dyslexia. As for Radlett well you stick up for him then that says it all in my book. Incidently I was called"going mental"at football last week. Should I sue, RedBen

9:43am Wed 21 Mar 12

Maverosi says...

You could do yes
And you have a book , says it all
You need help
You could do yes And you have a book , says it all You need help Maverosi

9:44am Wed 21 Mar 12

MarkyMarkoxford says...

Red Ben I asked where the story was in the news actually? I was at work as I had been all day and had not heard about.

I was sickened to hear about it. I have children and a crime like that to anyone regardless of race or religion is appalling.

Please red your posts and my post again making sure you are clear on what has been said and that and no point you have taken thing and misunderstood or possibly chosen to take them in a completely different way to what they were interned.

Incidentally it has been reported to Oxford police as because its a reported crime from the internet it is deemed to have taken police in my place of residence. The complaint was passed to them around 7 pm last night from Herstmere police. please read the threads very carefully then feel free to contact them.
Red Ben I asked where the story was in the news actually? I was at work as I had been all day and had not heard about. I was sickened to hear about it. I have children and a crime like that to anyone regardless of race or religion is appalling. Please red your posts and my post again making sure you are clear on what has been said and that and no point you have taken thing and misunderstood or possibly chosen to take them in a completely different way to what they were interned. Incidentally it has been reported to Oxford police as because its a reported crime from the internet it is deemed to have taken police in my place of residence. The complaint was passed to them around 7 pm last night from Herstmere police. please read the threads very carefully then feel free to contact them. MarkyMarkoxford

10:07am Wed 21 Mar 12

RedBen says...

Excellentl I look forward to discussing that and several other of your posts. The one where you think you have more rights than others based on your heritage is also interesting.
Excellentl I look forward to discussing that and several other of your posts. The one where you think you have more rights than others based on your heritage is also interesting. RedBen

10:11am Wed 21 Mar 12

MarkyMarkoxford says...

ok im of to work, how so and the right to comment on Boreham wood as you told me to stay out off it because I'm from oxford? that one do you mean.

Next one please this is actually starting to be fun.
ok im of to work, how so and the right to comment on Boreham wood as you told me to stay out off it because I'm from oxford? that one do you mean. Next one please this is actually starting to be fun. MarkyMarkoxford

10:20am Wed 21 Mar 12

RedBen says...

Nice serve. And the middle ea st in relation to the jewish school topic which I asked for decorum out of respect. Let the police sort it and stop your pathetic excuses here. Oh and would Palestinians be accepted in your school you asked as to provoke more bitterness off topic. Race crime will be interested no doubt. Anyway I shall not reply anyfurtur and await the police call with eagerness.
Nice serve. And the middle ea st in relation to the jewish school topic which I asked for decorum out of respect. Let the police sort it and stop your pathetic excuses here. Oh and would Palestinians be accepted in your school you asked as to provoke more bitterness off topic. Race crime will be interested no doubt. Anyway I shall not reply anyfurtur and await the police call with eagerness. RedBen

5:31pm Wed 21 Mar 12

MarkyMarkoxford says...

you stated the all races and religions would be welcome to apply to the School I simply asked if a Palestinian would be welcome? Again How is that provoking bitterness? It's asking you to clarify your statement.

I did ask you to read both your posts and mine and check you had not misunderstood anything.

I do hope the police take my complaint seriously as you seem so intent on the fight that you fail to see what is actually being said. I am sure in real life you are a nice person and you see your side of this and it upsets you. please we just want both sides to be heard. I would be prepared to accept an apology on here!
you stated the all races and religions would be welcome to apply to the School I simply asked if a Palestinian would be welcome? Again How is that provoking bitterness? It's asking you to clarify your statement. I did ask you to read both your posts and mine and check you had not misunderstood anything. I do hope the police take my complaint seriously as you seem so intent on the fight that you fail to see what is actually being said. I am sure in real life you are a nice person and you see your side of this and it upsets you. please we just want both sides to be heard. I would be prepared to accept an apology on here! MarkyMarkoxford

11:05pm Wed 21 Mar 12

ex radlett resident says...

MarkyMarkoxford wrote:
lets get way from who hates who and dose not hate who. There is one nasty person on here I shall name him as he has said many nasty things about me on this and another forum Red Ben I am starting to believe he is anit Jewish and by pretending to be on the Jewish side stirring up anger hopping it will turn to hate. If you find him offensive report his posts and he has already been reported to the police who are investigating his posts and the times is aware also. I have also reported ex radlett to the times for his first 2 posts
so why have you reported my first two quotes? as am i not allowed to have a honest opinion on here
[quote][p][bold]MarkyMarkoxford[/bold] wrote: lets get way from who hates who and dose not hate who. There is one nasty person on here I shall name him as he has said many nasty things about me on this and another forum Red Ben I am starting to believe he is anit Jewish and by pretending to be on the Jewish side stirring up anger hopping it will turn to hate. If you find him offensive report his posts and he has already been reported to the police who are investigating his posts and the times is aware also. I have also reported ex radlett to the times for his first 2 posts[/p][/quote]so why have you reported my first two quotes? as am i not allowed to have a honest opinion on here ex radlett resident

10:05am Thu 22 Mar 12

NewTeacher says...

and what about other faith schools in Borehamwood?
There is St Theresa's and St Nicholas, why are there never any comments made about those schools?
Faith schools exist, some of us may not like it but thats the way it is.
The Jewish school raises most of the money for the school themselves and yes the council will be responsible for some of the costs just as it is for the likes of other faith schools in the town.
Whether kids come in from other areas is neither here nor there as there are plently of children from Borehamwood who attend schools out of the area so are therefore funded by another council.
My own kids do not attend a Borehamwood school because at the time of applying in 2008 he couldnt get a place at a local school and was offered a place outside of the town!
We need more school places full stop.
The Jewish community have recognised this and are doing something about it.
As for Ex Radlett Resident - really what is the point of spouting such utter rubbish? It really shows you in a very bad and intolerant light.
and what about other faith schools in Borehamwood? There is St Theresa's and St Nicholas, why are there never any comments made about those schools? Faith schools exist, some of us may not like it but thats the way it is. The Jewish school raises most of the money for the school themselves and yes the council will be responsible for some of the costs just as it is for the likes of other faith schools in the town. Whether kids come in from other areas is neither here nor there as there are plently of children from Borehamwood who attend schools out of the area so are therefore funded by another council. My own kids do not attend a Borehamwood school because at the time of applying in 2008 he couldnt get a place at a local school and was offered a place outside of the town! We need more school places full stop. The Jewish community have recognised this and are doing something about it. As for Ex Radlett Resident - really what is the point of spouting such utter rubbish? It really shows you in a very bad and intolerant light. NewTeacher

11:48am Thu 22 Mar 12

Maverosi says...

Really , where is your proof that there are lots of kids from Borehamwood that attend other schools ?
And as for St Theresa's they don't ask for all this money and have a far higher percentage of non catholics than Yavenah has non jews .
And the argument that they have raised most of the funds and only want a bit can be turned around as they wont have a problem raising the rest.
We are not objecting to a primary but are objecting to the fact that they have been told that there is no money for it at the moment and other areas of hertfordshire are in much more dire need of finances , and also objecting to the way they stamp their feet and jump up and down like a spoilt toddler with their petition and pressure groups when they don't get their own way .
You state yourself that your children couldn't get a place in a Borehamwood school which rather pushes the point that non religious secular schools need the investment and increase of classrooms or even better a new school much more than a non inclusive school.
I have made a request to Yavenah asking for the figures of children attending from Borehamwood and outside and the numbers of non Jewish children attending . If I get a reply that I don't hold much hope of then it will make very interesting reading
Really , where is your proof that there are lots of kids from Borehamwood that attend other schools ? And as for St Theresa's they don't ask for all this money and have a far higher percentage of non catholics than Yavenah has non jews . And the argument that they have raised most of the funds and only want a bit can be turned around as they wont have a problem raising the rest. We are not objecting to a primary but are objecting to the fact that they have been told that there is no money for it at the moment and other areas of hertfordshire are in much more dire need of finances , and also objecting to the way they stamp their feet and jump up and down like a spoilt toddler with their petition and pressure groups when they don't get their own way . You state yourself that your children couldn't get a place in a Borehamwood school which rather pushes the point that non religious secular schools need the investment and increase of classrooms or even better a new school much more than a non inclusive school. I have made a request to Yavenah asking for the figures of children attending from Borehamwood and outside and the numbers of non Jewish children attending . If I get a reply that I don't hold much hope of then it will make very interesting reading Maverosi

1:21pm Thu 22 Mar 12

NewTeacher says...

The proof I have is all the people I know that live in Borehamwood whose children do not attend schools in the town because there were no spaces.
As for St Theresa's taking non Catholics is a bit of tosh as they are so inundated with applications from Catholic kids they have NO space to take on ANY kids from any other background. I know this as I know many parents of children that attend the school!
I agree that more needs to be done with more places opening for primary schools in the area. Only in 2010 was something done and ONE school started taking a TWO form entry but that was 2 years too late for my son.
Unfortunatley I dont have any FIGURES for you to analyse and disect.
I have first hand knowledge from parents of children who live in Borehamwood that do not school in Borehamwood that is how I know.
The proof I have is all the people I know that live in Borehamwood whose children do not attend schools in the town because there were no spaces. As for St Theresa's taking non Catholics is a bit of tosh as they are so inundated with applications from Catholic kids they have NO space to take on ANY kids from any other background. I know this as I know many parents of children that attend the school! I agree that more needs to be done with more places opening for primary schools in the area. Only in 2010 was something done and ONE school started taking a TWO form entry but that was 2 years too late for my son. Unfortunatley I dont have any FIGURES for you to analyse and disect. I have first hand knowledge from parents of children who live in Borehamwood that do not school in Borehamwood that is how I know. NewTeacher

1:47pm Thu 22 Mar 12

pressy says...

Maverosi - at least try to spell Yavneh correctly in your rants.
Maverosi - at least try to spell Yavneh correctly in your rants. pressy

4:31pm Thu 22 Mar 12

Maverosi says...

pressy wrote:
Maverosi - at least try to spell Yavneh correctly in your rants.
Pressy , they are far from rants as unlike some I am calm and rational as I type , sorry if that disapoints you and as for the Yavneh it is hardly an everyday word so sorry if sometimes I mispel it , but feel free to actually join in the discussion instead of being a pedantic tit
[quote][p][bold]pressy[/bold] wrote: Maverosi - at least try to spell Yavneh correctly in your rants.[/p][/quote]Pressy , they are far from rants as unlike some I am calm and rational as I type , sorry if that disapoints you and as for the Yavneh it is hardly an everyday word so sorry if sometimes I mispel it , but feel free to actually join in the discussion instead of being a pedantic tit Maverosi

8:28pm Thu 22 Mar 12

mr.taxpayer says...

DrHarris wrote:
Maverosi, do you own property in Borehamwood?

If so, you may have noticed predominantly due to the influx of the Jewish community, your property has increased in value of the past few years, during a time when nationally the property prices have fallen.
So due to there being more Jews nowadays around Borehamwood my house in now worth more??

I have heard it all now.

What complete and utter claptrap.

Another thing that gets my goat are these idiots that claim 'We should raise our own funds and launch our own schools'

Why would we want to do that?

There are already enough schools around that accept any child from the area.

It is only because the JEWISH population don't want their little darlings mixing with normal people that they get a bit of cash together and then scrounge the rest from the government allowance for education which is meant for ALL.

I suggest that they take a taste of their own medicine.

IF YOU WANT IT, PAY ENTIRELY FOR IT.

Otherwise, stop banging on and send your kids to a normal school, and stop moaning about your 'rights' to certain things.
[quote][p][bold]DrHarris[/bold] wrote: Maverosi, do you own property in Borehamwood? If so, you may have noticed predominantly due to the influx of the Jewish community, your property has increased in value of the past few years, during a time when nationally the property prices have fallen.[/p][/quote]So due to there being more Jews nowadays around Borehamwood my house in now worth more?? I have heard it all now. What complete and utter claptrap. Another thing that gets my goat are these idiots that claim 'We should raise our own funds and launch our own schools' Why would we want to do that? There are already enough schools around that accept any child from the area. It is only because the JEWISH population don't want their little darlings mixing with normal people that they get a bit of cash together and then scrounge the rest from the government allowance for education which is meant for ALL. I suggest that they take a taste of their own medicine. IF YOU WANT IT, PAY ENTIRELY FOR IT. Otherwise, stop banging on and send your kids to a normal school, and stop moaning about your 'rights' to certain things. mr.taxpayer

9:32pm Thu 22 Mar 12

Pat Sperry says...

What I don't understand is, how come the councils that closed down schools and sold off the land for housing didn't make the connection that building more houses means a population rise and at least some of that population will have children, (not to mention the huge amount of immigrants that seem to have settled in B/Wood) who will then need schools. Seems they were so keen to make a short term profit that they didn't think through the long term results of their actions. And I feel that absolutely NO money should be give to a school of ANY religious denomination until either a new school is built, or existing ones extended, to take the children living in Borehamwood and allow them to have reasonable sized classes to give them a chance to learn. Once that's happened, then perhaps we can look to see if there's any spare cash for religious schools.
What I don't understand is, how come the councils that closed down schools and sold off the land for housing didn't make the connection that building more houses means a population rise and at least some of that population will have children, (not to mention the huge amount of immigrants that seem to have settled in B/Wood) who will then need schools. Seems they were so keen to make a short term profit that they didn't think through the long term results of their actions. And I feel that absolutely NO money should be give to a school of ANY religious denomination until either a new school is built, or existing ones extended, to take the children living in Borehamwood and allow them to have reasonable sized classes to give them a chance to learn. Once that's happened, then perhaps we can look to see if there's any spare cash for religious schools. Pat Sperry

9:50am Fri 23 Mar 12

Bwood Dad says...

Pat - when you say "the huge amount of immigrants that seem to have settled in B/Wood" - i assume you're not referring to the jewish community? My family have been in England for 100 years and contributed plenty to society in that time. From a personal point of view, i went to a normal local school in bushey as a child, but i send my son to a jewish school because the local schools in b/wood have poorer academic results and judging by the comments of some of you lot, he'd probably get beaten up every day for being jewish...you want us to mix more, but yet some of the comments reveal a prejudice that doesnt exactly encourage us to mix. I accept a large number of comments on here are on topic and are fair comment. I accept the issue of funding needs to be fair and considered carefully. All kids in b/wood deserve good schools and equal opportunities.
Pat - when you say "the huge amount of immigrants that seem to have settled in B/Wood" - i assume you're not referring to the jewish community? My family have been in England for 100 years and contributed plenty to society in that time. From a personal point of view, i went to a normal local school in bushey as a child, but i send my son to a jewish school because the local schools in b/wood have poorer academic results and judging by the comments of some of you lot, he'd probably get beaten up every day for being jewish...you want us to mix more, but yet some of the comments reveal a prejudice that doesnt exactly encourage us to mix. I accept a large number of comments on here are on topic and are fair comment. I accept the issue of funding needs to be fair and considered carefully. All kids in b/wood deserve good schools and equal opportunities. Bwood Dad

10:06am Fri 23 Mar 12

Pat Sperry says...

No B/Wood Dad, I absolutely wasn't referring to the Jewish community. We've always had quite a large Jewish Community in B/Wood and Elstree and as far as I'm concerned they're more or less "locals" now. I'm referring to the Mid/Eastern Europeans and the other - dark skinned - immigrants. And before everyone starts screaming that these are racist comments they are absolutely not, just an honest observation of how the population of Borehamwood has changed in recent years. I have no prejudice, I couldn't care less if someone is green with purple spots and follow whatever religion - or none - they chose as long as they behave like decent human beings, but I insist that I am free to make observations as I see them without being accused of being racist.
No B/Wood Dad, I absolutely wasn't referring to the Jewish community. We've always had quite a large Jewish Community in B/Wood and Elstree and as far as I'm concerned they're more or less "locals" now. I'm referring to the Mid/Eastern Europeans and the other - dark skinned - immigrants. And before everyone starts screaming that these are racist comments they are absolutely not, just an honest observation of how the population of Borehamwood has changed in recent years. I have no prejudice, I couldn't care less if someone is green with purple spots and follow whatever religion - or none - they chose as long as they behave like decent human beings, but I insist that I am free to make observations as I see them without being accused of being racist. Pat Sperry

10:45am Fri 23 Mar 12

NewTeacher says...

What was the need to categorically state 'immigrants'? it doesnt matter what caste, colour or creed people are.
So yes Pat Sperry you do come across as racist.
Your post could simply have referred to the rise in population of the town in recent years.
Borehamwood is a lovely place and I have lived here with my family now for 10 years, so I consider myself a local.
I am not white nor am I Jewish I am the 'darker skinned' variety as you so eloquently put it! I was born in the UK and my parents have been in the country for the last 60 years.
Its only when I see posts on here that I hear such vile comments from people, whenever I am in the Village everyone is friendly, tolerant and nice to each other. So why cant people by like that on this board?
And as for making observations as you see them why not say there are lots of people wearing glasses or who like double shots of coffee? Why does the colour of ones skin have to be an issue?????
What was the need to categorically state 'immigrants'? it doesnt matter what caste, colour or creed people are. So yes Pat Sperry you do come across as racist. Your post could simply have referred to the rise in population of the town in recent years. Borehamwood is a lovely place and I have lived here with my family now for 10 years, so I consider myself a local. I am not white nor am I Jewish I am the 'darker skinned' variety as you so eloquently put it! I was born in the UK and my parents have been in the country for the last 60 years. Its only when I see posts on here that I hear such vile comments from people, whenever I am in the Village everyone is friendly, tolerant and nice to each other. So why cant people by like that on this board? And as for making observations as you see them why not say there are lots of people wearing glasses or who like double shots of coffee? Why does the colour of ones skin have to be an issue????? NewTeacher

11:19am Fri 23 Mar 12

Pat Sperry says...

I would just like to state that this isn't Pat writing this but her son as I happen to be at her house with her computer signed in as her .
If you would have bothered to read the previous statement above pats she was explaining to Bwood dad in his "the huge amount of immigrants that seem to have settled in B/Wood" - i assume you're not referring to the jewish community? " so you can put your race cards away as we all have them to play.
You make lots of assumptions .
My mother is far from racist as she is a registered foster carer that has all types of children over the years and unlike the racists she sees them as children not different ethnicities or beliefs .
She has adopted my sister who is of mixed race and who in the 70's experienced real racism and bigotry rather than the type experienced today by some of the Jewish community being called the odd y word.
She has also adopted my sister who has downs when only a matter of a few weeks old and as My family don't even view them as adopted fostered or anything else apart from our "Real sisters " It shows what a fantastic job she did .
So get lost with your false and malicious accusations and talk about the facts . Rather than trying to pick a fight
I would just like to state that this isn't Pat writing this but her son as I happen to be at her house with her computer signed in as her . If you would have bothered to read the previous statement above pats she was explaining to Bwood dad in his "the huge amount of immigrants that seem to have settled in B/Wood" - i assume you're not referring to the jewish community? " so you can put your race cards away as we all have them to play. You make lots of assumptions . My mother is far from racist as she is a registered foster carer that has all types of children over the years and unlike the racists she sees them as children not different ethnicities or beliefs . She has adopted my sister who is of mixed race and who in the 70's experienced real racism and bigotry rather than the type experienced today by some of the Jewish community being called the odd y word. She has also adopted my sister who has downs when only a matter of a few weeks old and as My family don't even view them as adopted fostered or anything else apart from our "Real sisters " It shows what a fantastic job she did . So get lost with your false and malicious accusations and talk about the facts . Rather than trying to pick a fight Pat Sperry

11:30am Fri 23 Mar 12

dannyagent says...

Pat,

I dont think it was the comment that does come across as racist - different wording may have been more appropriate to put your point across in a way that does not come across as racist perhaps?
I can undertand anyway getting uppity, re-read your comment and then maybe you may see the point that new teacher is making.
There has been enough bile stated on this thread for all points of the spectrum and it will be nice if all posters could stay on topic!
Pat, I dont think it was the comment that does come across as racist - different wording may have been more appropriate to put your point across in a way that does not come across as racist perhaps? I can undertand anyway getting uppity, re-read your comment and then maybe you may see the point that new teacher is making. There has been enough bile stated on this thread for all points of the spectrum and it will be nice if all posters could stay on topic! dannyagent

11:37am Fri 23 Mar 12

RedBen says...

Not sure what peoples agendas are. Seems the ones doing the attacking always claim they have suffered or some of their best friends are. In the real world Borehamwood is great with all races and creeds integrating without any issues. So why so called "I'm not racist"individuals seem so intent to go ranting on and on about this subject seems very strange. Cue the usual Red Ben being abusive brigade. They can dish it out but the poor lovies can't take it back. Awaiting the police to now come knocking on my door so won't reply to any antagonising garbage from the usual posters who claim not to have a racist bone in their bodies. Have a nice weekend all the weather is looking great.
Not sure what peoples agendas are. Seems the ones doing the attacking always claim they have suffered or some of their best friends are. In the real world Borehamwood is great with all races and creeds integrating without any issues. So why so called "I'm not racist"individuals seem so intent to go ranting on and on about this subject seems very strange. Cue the usual Red Ben being abusive brigade. They can dish it out but the poor lovies can't take it back. Awaiting the police to now come knocking on my door so won't reply to any antagonising garbage from the usual posters who claim not to have a racist bone in their bodies. Have a nice weekend all the weather is looking great. RedBen

12:52pm Fri 23 Mar 12

Maverosi says...

It shows your agenda ben when you don't even comment on the topic yet have another dig.
Couldn't even keep your promise .
Don't worry good things come to those that wait and these matters usually take time.
The only way to break down these cultural divisions is to have everyone mixing in the same schools and confront and educate about the differences .
Look at the massive strides made by the gay community for example in the 70's it was perceived as normal to go "queer bashing" and imagine the bullying a school pupil would have suffered if they had outed their sexuality yet with all the education and crackdowns on the bullying they are accepted readily into the school system and society now.
Yes you are always going to have the odd moron that breaks the rule but that is human nature and is never going to be eradicated yet you don't see gay 6th form colleges for example popping up to stop the bullying .
It shows your agenda ben when you don't even comment on the topic yet have another dig. Couldn't even keep your promise . Don't worry good things come to those that wait and these matters usually take time. The only way to break down these cultural divisions is to have everyone mixing in the same schools and confront and educate about the differences . Look at the massive strides made by the gay community for example in the 70's it was perceived as normal to go "queer bashing" and imagine the bullying a school pupil would have suffered if they had outed their sexuality yet with all the education and crackdowns on the bullying they are accepted readily into the school system and society now. Yes you are always going to have the odd moron that breaks the rule but that is human nature and is never going to be eradicated yet you don't see gay 6th form colleges for example popping up to stop the bullying . Maverosi

1:35pm Fri 23 Mar 12

Pat Sperry says...

Whys is it that certain people are always desperate to take offence? If I say someone is black, white etc. it's because they are!!!!! Just the same as if I say they're tall, short, fat thin. It's a descriptive term, not an abusive one. And since I don't know which country the "people with dark skin" come from, that's why I described them that way, it wasn't meant to be offensive, just a description. And neither am I inferring that people of different races/ethnicities don't get on in Borehamwood, I was merely making an observation that there has been a huge rise in the ethnic population in the Wood over recent years and that - whether you like it or not - is a matter of fact!! Not a racist statement so just get over it. The huge rise in population hasn't just come from the locals, you only have to walk down Shenley Road and listen to all the different accents to know that. Finally, "New Teacher", only lived in the Wood for 10 years? Sorry but you're a virtual newcomer. I'm B/Wood born and bred lived there for over 40 years before moving away but still have children/grandchildr
en living there and visit B/Wood at least twice a week.
Whys is it that certain people are always desperate to take offence? If I say someone is black, white etc. it's because they are!!!!! Just the same as if I say they're tall, short, fat thin. It's a descriptive term, not an abusive one. And since I don't know which country the "people with dark skin" come from, that's why I described them that way, it wasn't meant to be offensive, just a description. And neither am I inferring that people of different races/ethnicities don't get on in Borehamwood, I was merely making an observation that there has been a huge rise in the ethnic population in the Wood over recent years and that - whether you like it or not - is a matter of fact!! Not a racist statement so just get over it. The huge rise in population hasn't just come from the locals, you only have to walk down Shenley Road and listen to all the different accents to know that. Finally, "New Teacher", only lived in the Wood for 10 years? Sorry but you're a virtual newcomer. I'm B/Wood born and bred lived there for over 40 years before moving away but still have children/grandchildr en living there and visit B/Wood at least twice a week. Pat Sperry

1:39pm Fri 23 Mar 12

RedBen says...

And alledgedly theres no odder moron than you Mavs old girl.
And alledgedly theres no odder moron than you Mavs old girl. RedBen

1:47pm Fri 23 Mar 12

RedBen says...

Mav have to say youre comment ix the most wide of the mark comment I have read anywhere on any subject. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about and I believe a previous poster described you perfectly. You should go on stage. Wait a minute your bound to tell us you have done in the past. Youre a scream.
Mav have to say youre comment ix the most wide of the mark comment I have read anywhere on any subject. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about and I believe a previous poster described you perfectly. You should go on stage. Wait a minute your bound to tell us you have done in the past. Youre a scream. RedBen

2:22pm Fri 23 Mar 12

Maverosi says...

RedBen wrote:
And alledgedly theres no odder moron than you Mavs old girl.
As your mother always used to tell me during pillow talk , it takes one to know one , But gee thanks for noticing .
You are like a **** in a wetsuit following me around with obsessive eagerness . I really didn't know you were that way inclined I am not myself . But thank you princess I am flattered .
Who knows we might even learn to get on and then perhaps I will take a day trip to Brighton with you to try and set you up.
Now can you manage to mention anything about the topic rather than scream my name in imaginary bliss . Go on shock us all
[quote][p][bold]RedBen[/bold] wrote: And alledgedly theres no odder moron than you Mavs old girl.[/p][/quote]As your mother always used to tell me during pillow talk , it takes one to know one , But gee thanks for noticing . You are like a **** in a wetsuit following me around with obsessive eagerness . I really didn't know you were that way inclined I am not myself . But thank you princess I am flattered . Who knows we might even learn to get on and then perhaps I will take a day trip to Brighton with you to try and set you up. Now can you manage to mention anything about the topic rather than scream my name in imaginary bliss . Go on shock us all Maverosi

2:27pm Fri 23 Mar 12

Pat Sperry says...

?Sorry Red Ben, don't understand what you're trying to say "Mav's old girl". But as usual you haven't let the side down, full of your usual drivel, spite and hatred and totally incapable of keeping to the subject, which I believe was to do with schools in Borehamwood - or rather, lack of.
?Sorry Red Ben, don't understand what you're trying to say "Mav's old girl". But as usual you haven't let the side down, full of your usual drivel, spite and hatred and totally incapable of keeping to the subject, which I believe was to do with schools in Borehamwood - or rather, lack of. Pat Sperry

2:29pm Fri 23 Mar 12

Pat Sperry says...

And Mav that's actually quite naughty!
And Mav that's actually quite naughty! Pat Sperry

2:32pm Fri 23 Mar 12

dannyagent says...

although Mav was naughty and we do have some opposing views i did find it quite funny, and wonder whether the topic was becoming more banter led than racism led - I for one am all for that!
Either way it is on topic as it is kinda schoolboyish!
although Mav was naughty and we do have some opposing views i did find it quite funny, and wonder whether the topic was becoming more banter led than racism led - I for one am all for that! Either way it is on topic as it is kinda schoolboyish! dannyagent

2:44pm Fri 23 Mar 12

RedBen says...

Strange obsession with Brighton. Could we have a donation or fund raising for Mav to get her day out. Oh and Pat darling you previous posts have revealed your true self. Lucky us immigrants couldn't care less what you think. And to keep you all happy I wish Yavnah the best of luck in getting funding because its a wonderful school and certainly hoping my kids have the privilege to attend.
Strange obsession with Brighton. Could we have a donation or fund raising for Mav to get her day out. Oh and Pat darling you previous posts have revealed your true self. Lucky us immigrants couldn't care less what you think. And to keep you all happy I wish Yavnah the best of luck in getting funding because its a wonderful school and certainly hoping my kids have the privilege to attend. RedBen

2:49pm Fri 23 Mar 12

Maverosi says...

Thought you were out enjoying the sunshine ben
Sorry I forgot you have to go back to your bedsit at school kicking out time .....
As for Brighton don't worry I have heard that they do lovely heels in a size nine and you will even fit in without getting bullied .
I too wish Yavenah well and have no problem with it . I do however have a problem with those having a tantrum because the council told them they can't have any money this year.
there is a nice story about the pupils from Yavenah and Hertswood getting together for a project . That is the sort of thing that I for one would like to see a lot more of .
Thought you were out enjoying the sunshine ben Sorry I forgot you have to go back to your bedsit at school kicking out time ..... As for Brighton don't worry I have heard that they do lovely heels in a size nine and you will even fit in without getting bullied . I too wish Yavenah well and have no problem with it . I do however have a problem with those having a tantrum because the council told them they can't have any money this year. there is a nice story about the pupils from Yavenah and Hertswood getting together for a project . That is the sort of thing that I for one would like to see a lot more of . Maverosi

2:50pm Fri 23 Mar 12

RedBen says...

Incidently Mav my mucker my mother said you were useless in those days as well and lacked in knowledge in what to do. Times don't change do they. Incidently we have raised 15p towards get Mav to Brighton for the day. Maybe I'll ask the council to make up the difference. You said would if us immigrants ask.
Incidently Mav my mucker my mother said you were useless in those days as well and lacked in knowledge in what to do. Times don't change do they. Incidently we have raised 15p towards get Mav to Brighton for the day. Maybe I'll ask the council to make up the difference. You said would if us immigrants ask. RedBen

2:55pm Fri 23 Mar 12

Maverosi says...

Sorry mate ,can you repeat that in English this time
Sorry mate ,can you repeat that in English this time Maverosi

2:55pm Fri 23 Mar 12

RedBen says...

Mind you that could make me Mavs son. Will confront my mother with this disturbing possibility. Incidently not the first time the schools have integrated together. Both sets of pupils should be proud of their achievements. Well done both schools.
Mind you that could make me Mavs son. Will confront my mother with this disturbing possibility. Incidently not the first time the schools have integrated together. Both sets of pupils should be proud of their achievements. Well done both schools. RedBen

2:57pm Fri 23 Mar 12

RedBen says...

Mate? You wish. Just call me son, dad.
Mate? You wish. Just call me son, dad. RedBen

3:06pm Fri 23 Mar 12

Pat Sperry says...

RedBen you are a very nasty individual and I am most certainly NOT your darling.I just can't understand why you try to turn every comment into something nasty when no nastiness has been intended and go out of your way to be as offensive and insulting as you can be. What a very poor excuse for a man, in fact obviously not a man at all, just a male and a very poor example at that.
RedBen you are a very nasty individual and I am most certainly NOT your darling.I just can't understand why you try to turn every comment into something nasty when no nastiness has been intended and go out of your way to be as offensive and insulting as you can be. What a very poor excuse for a man, in fact obviously not a man at all, just a male and a very poor example at that. Pat Sperry

3:12pm Fri 23 Mar 12

RedBen says...

Blahblah Pat. Incidently lovely cover making out you were your son trying to back track your "immigration" gaff. That was priceless and a tremendous laugh.
Blahblah Pat. Incidently lovely cover making out you were your son trying to back track your "immigration" gaff. That was priceless and a tremendous laugh. RedBen

3:29pm Fri 23 Mar 12

Maverosi says...

Ben , for someone that is currently under investigation by the police you certainly are getting very vocal
Ben , for someone that is currently under investigation by the police you certainly are getting very vocal Maverosi

3:33pm Fri 23 Mar 12

Maverosi says...

RedBen wrote:
Blahblah Pat. Incidently lovely cover making out you were your son trying to back track your "immigration" gaff. That was priceless and a tremendous laugh.
How do you know it wasn't . Unlike you some of us have spoken to the editor of the times and found that you have more than one login registered under your ip . Now why would that be ?
[quote][p][bold]RedBen[/bold] wrote: Blahblah Pat. Incidently lovely cover making out you were your son trying to back track your "immigration" gaff. That was priceless and a tremendous laugh.[/p][/quote]How do you know it wasn't . Unlike you some of us have spoken to the editor of the times and found that you have more than one login registered under your ip . Now why would that be ? Maverosi

3:39pm Fri 23 Mar 12

Pat Sperry says...

Actually that was my son - I was out of the house at a friend's funeral at the time. So you're wrong yet again - as per usual. And every word he wrote was true. He wasn't trying to back track anything. My eldest daughter - who came to me as a foster child - is mixed race, became my adopted daughter and is is much loved by all the family as a sister, they ignore the "adopted" bit. The middle 3 children are "home grown" and the youngest, who happens to have Down's Syndrome, came into our family at 3 months old and is still here over 30 years later, again adopted and much loved as a sister, not just "adopted", by all her siblings. As my son said, I have fostered all manner of children and they have been just that, children in need of love and care, regardless of sex, colour or creed and I extend that same philosophy to adults. I judge the whole person, not the package they happen to come in. In more recent years I became a respite foster carer and during my foster parent training for that role I had to take an ethnicity and diversity course - and passed with flying colours and in fact received praise for the fact that I wasn't afraid to mention a person's race when speaking about them.
Actually that was my son - I was out of the house at a friend's funeral at the time. So you're wrong yet again - as per usual. And every word he wrote was true. He wasn't trying to back track anything. My eldest daughter - who came to me as a foster child - is mixed race, became my adopted daughter and is is much loved by all the family as a sister, they ignore the "adopted" bit. The middle 3 children are "home grown" and the youngest, who happens to have Down's Syndrome, came into our family at 3 months old and is still here over 30 years later, again adopted and much loved as a sister, not just "adopted", by all her siblings. As my son said, I have fostered all manner of children and they have been just that, children in need of love and care, regardless of sex, colour or creed and I extend that same philosophy to adults. I judge the whole person, not the package they happen to come in. In more recent years I became a respite foster carer and during my foster parent training for that role I had to take an ethnicity and diversity course - and passed with flying colours and in fact received praise for the fact that I wasn't afraid to mention a person's race when speaking about them. Pat Sperry

3:59pm Fri 23 Mar 12

RedBen says...

Next time ask the editor to contact me. He has my details and your threats and promises are becoming very tiresome. You see dad, you don't mind me calling you dad as I feel very close to you as you implied you've pillow talked my mother, I have nothing to hide just one other login as Pride associated with an old work email address. Feel free to continue to call me nasty, insult my mother, have several other logins and what ever you wish to insuate. Nothing to hide here but you on the other hand. Several have commented on what they believe you to b e and each one of those seem very respectable unlike your allies whom you are very well suited I'll let you go and cry bully to the authorities or teacher like some school kid. Oh by the Patsy thought you very naughty with your attempt to insult my mother. Saying she would ever have contemplated having pillow talk with someone like you. See you dad.
Next time ask the editor to contact me. He has my details and your threats and promises are becoming very tiresome. You see dad, you don't mind me calling you dad as I feel very close to you as you implied you've pillow talked my mother, I have nothing to hide just one other login as Pride associated with an old work email address. Feel free to continue to call me nasty, insult my mother, have several other logins and what ever you wish to insuate. Nothing to hide here but you on the other hand. Several have commented on what they believe you to b e and each one of those seem very respectable unlike your allies whom you are very well suited I'll let you go and cry bully to the authorities or teacher like some school kid. Oh by the Patsy thought you very naughty with your attempt to insult my mother. Saying she would ever have contemplated having pillow talk with someone like you. See you dad. RedBen

4:02pm Fri 23 Mar 12

RedBen says...

Insinuate that should read.
Insinuate that should read. RedBen

4:37pm Fri 23 Mar 12

Maverosi says...

So you admit that you have other logins ..........
And stop being so lazy , you imply that you would love to talk to the editor and the police .
You have even been given the phone numbers yet you are too weak and feeble minded to even contemplate sending an email or picking up the phone
How about you actually back up you promises and words with some actual action for once instead of being all mouth and no trousers . You needn't worry your children if anything like you will have a SEN's certificate and be able to pick any school that they choose as it is the law that the school has to provide a place for them.
Now since you are so keen on this son thing . How about you do what daddy tells you and shut the hell up as people are laughing at you and not with you
So you admit that you have other logins .......... And stop being so lazy , you imply that you would love to talk to the editor and the police . You have even been given the phone numbers yet you are too weak and feeble minded to even contemplate sending an email or picking up the phone How about you actually back up you promises and words with some actual action for once instead of being all mouth and no trousers . You needn't worry your children if anything like you will have a SEN's certificate and be able to pick any school that they choose as it is the law that the school has to provide a place for them. Now since you are so keen on this son thing . How about you do what daddy tells you and shut the hell up as people are laughing at you and not with you Maverosi

4:47pm Fri 23 Mar 12

RedBen says...

Tiresome.
Tiresome. RedBen

4:48pm Fri 23 Mar 12

Maverosi says...

yes you are .
yes you are . Maverosi

5:03pm Sat 24 Mar 12

mr.taxpayer says...

RedBen has kids?

So your not a BenDer after all?
RedBen has kids? So your not a BenDer after all? mr.taxpayer

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree