Get involved: send your pictures, video, news & views by texting BOREHAMWOOD to 80360, or email us
Fire crews called to electrical sub-station in Borehamwood
Fire crews were called to an electrical sub-station in the early hours of this morning.
Two fire engines attended the scene in Furzehill Road, Borehamwood, where an underground fuse box started to smoulder at approximately 2am.
Incident commander Bob Williams and his team cordoned off the area and used a dry powder extinguisher to put out the fire within approximately 30 minutes.
The incident was handed over to the electricity board for investigation.
The building suffered minor damage but there are no reports of any injuries.