Taylor Wimpey apologises to young mother

Borehamwood Times: Miss Bowden and her 14-month-old daughter Lexi-Mai were evacuated two weeks ago during the carbon monoxide leak Miss Bowden and her 14-month-old daughter Lexi-Mai were evacuated two weeks ago during the carbon monoxide leak


A homebuilding company has apologised for leaving a young mother without gas after a carbon monoxide leak in her house.

Rebecca Bowden, of Merton Court, Bennington Drive, was one of eight families evacuated from the flats when a carbon monoxide leak was found.

Taylor Wimpey, which built the properties, moved the families to a hotel but Miss Bowden says this was “cramped and unfit for a baby”.

Since being allowed back in her flat, she is yet to have her gas flues refitted despite the fact that her neighbours have already had theirs redone.

A spokesman for the company said: “We are concerned to hear of Miss Bowden’s experience and would like to offer our apologies.

“We are looking into the detail of the hotel accommodation as Miss Bowden had not advised us of any issues and we had booked a room we believed would be suitable.

“We continue to work closely with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and the Gas Safe registered engineers to carry out all the necessary checks before the remedial work can start at Ms Bowden’s property.

“We are also working with the boiler flue manufacturer to establish a timetable for the availability of the required flue parts. 

“The health and safety of our customers is of paramount importance to us and we would like to assure Ms Bowden of Taylor Wimpey’s commitment to resolving this situation as quickly and safely as possible.“

Miss Bowden, whose daughter, Lexi-Mai is 14 months old, was also angry because a gas safety inspection came out all clear several months before the faulty gas flues were found.

The Borehamwood and Elstree Times has yet to receive comment from heating inspection company Robert Heath.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree