Washing machine fire almost floods flat

The fire service were called to a block of flats in Theobald Street on Saturday at around 2.59pm following reports of a kitchen fire.

The fire service were called to a block of flats in Theobald Street on Saturday at around 2.59pm following reports of a kitchen fire.

First published in News
Last updated
Borehamwood Times: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter

A flat was almost flooded after a washing machine caught fire.

Firefighters were called to a block of flats in Theobald Street on Saturday at around 2.59pm following reports of a kitchen fire.

On arrival Borehamwood Green Watch found the fire was in a flat on the second floor, inside a washing machine.

A crew of two quickly extinguished the fire and ventilated the heavily smoke-logged flat.

As the fire had burned through the water-feed hose of the washing machine, through which water was still flowing, they also mopped up to protect other flats in the building.

Crew commander Fidler stated that if the fire had happened during the night it could have been much more serious.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree