Woman and baby escape chip pan fire

Borehamwood Times: The fire, which happened at a property in Shenley, was started by a chip pan igniting but was made considerably worse by the homeowner throwing water onto the fire. The fire, which happened at a property in Shenley, was started by a chip pan igniting but was made considerably worse by the homeowner throwing water onto the fire.

A family narrowly escaped with their lives following a chip pan fire.

The fire, which happened at a property in Shenley, was started when fat in a chip pan ignited but was made considerably worse by the homeowner throwing water onto the flames

A woman managed to escape with her 16-week-old baby and was unhurt by the fire.

Bob Williams, commander of Borehamwood fire station's white watch, said: "On this occasion they were very fortunate , the kitchen suffered smoke damage only, but in my experience it could have been much worse. We are doing our very best to keep our communities safe and request you take up our offers of a free smoke detector by calling 0800 1234 046."

Comments

Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree