Former home of Cardif Pinnacle in Elstree Way in Borehamwood bought by Jehovah's Witnesses

Borehamwood Times: Pinnacle Place Pinnacle Place

A former insurance company's offices will be used by a Christian sect to store Bibles.

Jehovah's Witnesses have bought 1 Elstree Way in Borehamwood, formerly known as Pinnacle Place, from Cardif Pinnacle for £4,928,000.

The building will be used by the International Bible Students Association, a corporation run by the Jehovah's Witnesses, which distributes Bibles and other religious literature.

The non-profit organisation currently operates from properties throughout Mill Hill and Borehamwood, with headquarters in The Ridgeway in Mill Hill.

It employs 700 people in printing, storing and distributing religious literature throughout Britain, Europe and Africa.

A spokesman for the Jehovah’s Witnesses said the association had outgrown its existing premises and had bought the large building to consolidate its operations.

The organisation will use the building to store magazines, pamphlets and Bibles, as well as making full use of the office space.

However, it will continue to maintain its headquarters in Mill Hill, where the literature is printed.

The sale went through in December and the International Bible Students Association is currently preparing the building so it can move in.

Jehovah’s Witnesses are best known for their door-to-door evangelical work, offering Bible literature and recruiting and converting people to their beliefs.

The spokesman for the movement said: “We are all about Bible education and we print biblical literature to distribute around the world.

“The people of Borehamwood will probably not notice anything different as we are making no changes to the actual building, which is why we did not need planning permission.”

Comments (25)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:19pm Mon 17 Feb 14

Anyvacancies says...

I hope that they have the May 1984 edition of the Watchtower there, as their perpetual lies ruin peoples lives. In this issue they highlighted workers at the Brooklyn headquarters that would never die on this earth. Surprise surprise the poor misguided brainwashed individuals are all dead. I was misled by them many years ago.
I hope that they have the May 1984 edition of the Watchtower there, as their perpetual lies ruin peoples lives. In this issue they highlighted workers at the Brooklyn headquarters that would never die on this earth. Surprise surprise the poor misguided brainwashed individuals are all dead. I was misled by them many years ago. Anyvacancies

7:42am Tue 18 Feb 14

susanjames says...

Please read
jwfacts.com
aawa.com
silentlambs.org
Please read jwfacts.com aawa.com silentlambs.org susanjames

8:13am Tue 18 Feb 14

MsMyniog says...

I'm pleased that this article described the organization as a sect, because that is exactly what it is.
It separates it's followers from society and family, and doesn't allow discussion. It orders it's followers to shun people who no longer wish to be a part of it and, most shockingly, shields paedophiles.
I would urge anyone to visit jwfacts.com,

It may seem like a benign, if not slightly annoying, religion but it is a dangerous cult.
I'm pleased that this article described the organization as a sect, because that is exactly what it is. It separates it's followers from society and family, and doesn't allow discussion. It orders it's followers to shun people who no longer wish to be a part of it and, most shockingly, shields paedophiles. I would urge anyone to visit jwfacts.com, It may seem like a benign, if not slightly annoying, religion but it is a dangerous cult. MsMyniog

3:58pm Tue 18 Feb 14

mr.taxpayer says...

Borehamwood - Home to all kinds of religious nutters!
Borehamwood - Home to all kinds of religious nutters! mr.taxpayer

7:27pm Tue 18 Feb 14

xhitmanx says...

SECT: Although in past it was mostly used to refer to religious groups, it has since expanded and in modern culture can refer to any organization that breaks away from a larger one to follow a different set of rules and principles. The term is occasionally used in a malicious way to suggest the broken-off group follows a more negative path than the original.

The reported did not use the word sect in a malicious way as you imply. Nor did she make any statements about a cult. The word cult has no clear definition, but you seem to only look at the negative side of things.
SECT: Although in past it was mostly used to refer to religious groups, it has since expanded and in modern culture can refer to any organization that breaks away from a larger one to follow a different set of rules and principles. The term is occasionally used in a malicious way to suggest the broken-off group follows a more negative path than the original. The reported did not use the word sect in a malicious way as you imply. Nor did she make any statements about a cult. The word cult has no clear definition, but you seem to only look at the negative side of things. xhitmanx

8:39am Wed 19 Feb 14

RedBen says...

If we can tolerate sad bitter twisted minds like Mr Taxpayer we can tolerate anyone.
If we can tolerate sad bitter twisted minds like Mr Taxpayer we can tolerate anyone. RedBen

11:04am Wed 19 Feb 14

radlettone says...

Mr taxpayer you are one very rude, ignorant, intolerant person
Mr taxpayer you are one very rude, ignorant, intolerant person radlettone

2:04pm Wed 19 Feb 14

elojoquetodolove says...

Secret database protects paedophiles

The Jehovah's Witnesses organisation keeps a sex offenders register that nobody outside the church is allowed to see, a former "elder" tells Panorama.

http://news.bbc.co.u
k/2/hi/programmes/pa
norama/2119903.stm
Secret database protects paedophiles The Jehovah's Witnesses organisation keeps a sex offenders register that nobody outside the church is allowed to see, a former "elder" tells Panorama. http://news.bbc.co.u k/2/hi/programmes/pa norama/2119903.stm elojoquetodolove

10:20pm Thu 20 Feb 14

studio70. says...

mr.taxpayer wrote:
Borehamwood - Home to all kinds of religious nutters!
I have to agree with mr taxidriver- borehamwood has long been a magnet for all sorts of nutters including religious- i mean string bits of wire across lamposts so that you can leave the house? come on grow up- all religions are daft but some are super daft and you dont have to be a joey's witness to be brainwashed, all religions brainwash; thats what religion is about. and if you get offended by these words then good it means that your religious resolve is not as strong as you thought.
[quote][p][bold]mr.taxpayer[/bold] wrote: Borehamwood - Home to all kinds of religious nutters![/p][/quote]I have to agree with mr taxidriver- borehamwood has long been a magnet for all sorts of nutters including religious- i mean string bits of wire across lamposts so that you can leave the house? come on grow up- all religions are daft but some are super daft and you dont have to be a joey's witness to be brainwashed, all religions brainwash; thats what religion is about. and if you get offended by these words then good it means that your religious resolve is not as strong as you thought. studio70.

1:54am Fri 21 Feb 14

Suzy-Sue says...

From what i heard yesterday at a local greenbelt society meeting. Apparently this news isn't correct. The Jehovah's Witness organisation were just filming there.
From what i heard yesterday at a local greenbelt society meeting. Apparently this news isn't correct. The Jehovah's Witness organisation were just filming there. Suzy-Sue

12:25pm Fri 21 Feb 14

radlettone says...

Studio 70 I don't understand what difference it makes to you about wire between lamp posts! Does it affect your life??? I am not brainwashed and so what if people have different beliefs and some stronger than others. These wires make no difference to you, are hardly noticeable so why do you find the need to make a comment on them?
Studio 70 I don't understand what difference it makes to you about wire between lamp posts! Does it affect your life??? I am not brainwashed and so what if people have different beliefs and some stronger than others. These wires make no difference to you, are hardly noticeable so why do you find the need to make a comment on them? radlettone

6:40pm Fri 21 Feb 14

Believe in better says...

studio70. wrote:
mr.taxpayer wrote:
Borehamwood - Home to all kinds of religious nutters!
I have to agree with mr taxidriver- borehamwood has long been a magnet for all sorts of nutters including religious- i mean string bits of wire across lamposts so that you can leave the house? come on grow up- all religions are daft but some are super daft and you dont have to be a joey's witness to be brainwashed, all religions brainwash; thats what religion is about. and if you get offended by these words then good it means that your religious resolve is not as strong as you thought.
Borehamwood clearly has more than it's fair share of bigotted people who do not believe in the principle that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and doesn't need to be labelled as a nutter just because they are different in the way they choose to lead their lives. Studio70 & Mr Taxpayer are not happy unless they are ridiculing some minority group or other. Whatever happened to live and let live?
[quote][p][bold]studio70.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mr.taxpayer[/bold] wrote: Borehamwood - Home to all kinds of religious nutters![/p][/quote]I have to agree with mr taxidriver- borehamwood has long been a magnet for all sorts of nutters including religious- i mean string bits of wire across lamposts so that you can leave the house? come on grow up- all religions are daft but some are super daft and you dont have to be a joey's witness to be brainwashed, all religions brainwash; thats what religion is about. and if you get offended by these words then good it means that your religious resolve is not as strong as you thought.[/p][/quote]Borehamwood clearly has more than it's fair share of bigotted people who do not believe in the principle that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and doesn't need to be labelled as a nutter just because they are different in the way they choose to lead their lives. Studio70 & Mr Taxpayer are not happy unless they are ridiculing some minority group or other. Whatever happened to live and let live? Believe in better

6:01am Sun 23 Feb 14

studio70. says...

Believe in better wrote:
studio70. wrote:
mr.taxpayer wrote:
Borehamwood - Home to all kinds of religious nutters!
I have to agree with mr taxidriver- borehamwood has long been a magnet for all sorts of nutters including religious- i mean string bits of wire across lamposts so that you can leave the house? come on grow up- all religions are daft but some are super daft and you dont have to be a joey's witness to be brainwashed, all religions brainwash; thats what religion is about. and if you get offended by these words then good it means that your religious resolve is not as strong as you thought.
Borehamwood clearly has more than it's fair share of bigotted people who do not believe in the principle that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and doesn't need to be labelled as a nutter just because they are different in the way they choose to lead their lives. Studio70 & Mr Taxpayer are not happy unless they are ridiculing some minority group or other. Whatever happened to live and let live?
I fail to see how stating that religion of all types is ridiculous make me a bigot? Please explain. If you knew me you would know that I am far from bigoted; however I place myself far back enough from religion to view it from the outside and yes it is a nonsense in my view. I used the example of a piece of wire to dictate where people of a certain religion may walk to demonstrate the fact. It seems to me that the more ridiculous the ritual the more likely a zealot is behind the ritual.
[quote][p][bold]Believe in better[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]studio70.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mr.taxpayer[/bold] wrote: Borehamwood - Home to all kinds of religious nutters![/p][/quote]I have to agree with mr taxidriver- borehamwood has long been a magnet for all sorts of nutters including religious- i mean string bits of wire across lamposts so that you can leave the house? come on grow up- all religions are daft but some are super daft and you dont have to be a joey's witness to be brainwashed, all religions brainwash; thats what religion is about. and if you get offended by these words then good it means that your religious resolve is not as strong as you thought.[/p][/quote]Borehamwood clearly has more than it's fair share of bigotted people who do not believe in the principle that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and doesn't need to be labelled as a nutter just because they are different in the way they choose to lead their lives. Studio70 & Mr Taxpayer are not happy unless they are ridiculing some minority group or other. Whatever happened to live and let live?[/p][/quote]I fail to see how stating that religion of all types is ridiculous make me a bigot? Please explain. If you knew me you would know that I am far from bigoted; however I place myself far back enough from religion to view it from the outside and yes it is a nonsense in my view. I used the example of a piece of wire to dictate where people of a certain religion may walk to demonstrate the fact. It seems to me that the more ridiculous the ritual the more likely a zealot is behind the ritual. studio70.

6:09am Sun 23 Feb 14

studio70. says...

radlettone wrote:
Studio 70 I don't understand what difference it makes to you about wire between lamp posts! Does it affect your life??? I am not brainwashed and so what if people have different beliefs and some stronger than others. These wires make no difference to you, are hardly noticeable so why do you find the need to make a comment on them?
Because I see something as beyond ridiculous beyond belief I do not stand in the way of anybody observing such ridiculous and mindless ritual. You should welcome any such observations of the absurd as it will no doubt give you an opportunity to explain why the sheep like following of a symbolic action is a good idea. Let's face it- if, historically more people had questioned their leaders and the false information that had been fed to them then the world would not have seen or currently be seeing such brutal carnage of minority groups. If somehow following a wee bit of wire around the street makes it OK to walk with the legs God gave you then you follow it Tone- God also gave us the power of logical free thought and I my friend choose to use that.
[quote][p][bold]radlettone[/bold] wrote: Studio 70 I don't understand what difference it makes to you about wire between lamp posts! Does it affect your life??? I am not brainwashed and so what if people have different beliefs and some stronger than others. These wires make no difference to you, are hardly noticeable so why do you find the need to make a comment on them?[/p][/quote]Because I see something as beyond ridiculous beyond belief I do not stand in the way of anybody observing such ridiculous and mindless ritual. You should welcome any such observations of the absurd as it will no doubt give you an opportunity to explain why the sheep like following of a symbolic action is a good idea. Let's face it- if, historically more people had questioned their leaders and the false information that had been fed to them then the world would not have seen or currently be seeing such brutal carnage of minority groups. If somehow following a wee bit of wire around the street makes it OK to walk with the legs God gave you then you follow it Tone- God also gave us the power of logical free thought and I my friend choose to use that. studio70.

6:07pm Sun 23 Feb 14

xhitmanx says...

Could someone enlighten me as to what this piece of wire is and what it does??
Could someone enlighten me as to what this piece of wire is and what it does?? xhitmanx

7:14pm Sun 23 Feb 14

Believe in better says...

Studio 70, the definition of Bigoted - having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others.

And you don't think labeling religious groups as ridiculous makes you a bigot? I rest my case.
Studio 70, the definition of Bigoted - having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others. And you don't think labeling religious groups as ridiculous makes you a bigot? I rest my case. Believe in better

11:08pm Sun 23 Feb 14

studio70. says...

Believe in better wrote:
Studio 70, the definition of Bigoted - having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others.

And you don't think labeling religious groups as ridiculous makes you a bigot? I rest my case.
Well no more than it makes you a bigot for your post bibby.
Since when did stating the obvious make you a bigot. Religion is a cult thing for the masses (pardon the pun) who need to be led and the more outlandish the claims of religions the more daft the follows- I use the wire as an example of who stupid followers of a minority religion can be; to be so concerned that walking on certain days outside an imaginary boundary will bring God’s curses upon them is laughable. Likewise with a majority religion; to think that your guy in Rome is God's earth rep and that a guy in a box can channel God's forgiveness to you is a mockery of God, I could go on however in you resting your case I believe that you have admitted defeat and are unable to think logically- hope that it is not a cult mind-set? Religious tolerance by other religions is also laughable- how can you not try to save your fellow human beings from doom when they are following a religion that is wrong and will lead them to damnation- you guys can’t all be right and if faith is strong then you know that all the others will be wrong- it is your duty to save them surely?
Zealots and Bigots are all the same to me- and religions are all the same-it’s all a crock of nonsense.
As a scholarly German one said:
“Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes” and I don’t think he has ever been proven wrong.
[quote][p][bold]Believe in better[/bold] wrote: Studio 70, the definition of Bigoted - having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others. And you don't think labeling religious groups as ridiculous makes you a bigot? I rest my case.[/p][/quote]Well no more than it makes you a bigot for your post bibby. Since when did stating the obvious make you a bigot. Religion is a cult thing for the masses (pardon the pun) who need to be led and the more outlandish the claims of religions the more daft the follows- I use the wire as an example of who stupid followers of a minority religion can be; to be so concerned that walking on certain days outside an imaginary boundary will bring God’s curses upon them is laughable. Likewise with a majority religion; to think that your guy in Rome is God's earth rep and that a guy in a box can channel God's forgiveness to you is a mockery of God, I could go on however in you resting your case I believe that you have admitted defeat and are unable to think logically- hope that it is not a cult mind-set? Religious tolerance by other religions is also laughable- how can you not try to save your fellow human beings from doom when they are following a religion that is wrong and will lead them to damnation- you guys can’t all be right and if faith is strong then you know that all the others will be wrong- it is your duty to save them surely? Zealots and Bigots are all the same to me- and religions are all the same-it’s all a crock of nonsense. As a scholarly German one said: “Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes” and I don’t think he has ever been proven wrong. studio70.

12:20am Mon 24 Feb 14

studio70. says...

xhitmanx wrote:
Could someone enlighten me as to what this piece of wire is and what it does??
http://en.wikipedia.
org/wiki/Eruv
[quote][p][bold]xhitmanx[/bold] wrote: Could someone enlighten me as to what this piece of wire is and what it does??[/p][/quote]http://en.wikipedia. org/wiki/Eruv studio70.

7:52am Mon 24 Feb 14

Believe in better says...

studio70. wrote:
Believe in better wrote:
Studio 70, the definition of Bigoted - having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others.

And you don't think labeling religious groups as ridiculous makes you a bigot? I rest my case.
Well no more than it makes you a bigot for your post bibby.
Since when did stating the obvious make you a bigot. Religion is a cult thing for the masses (pardon the pun) who need to be led and the more outlandish the claims of religions the more daft the follows- I use the wire as an example of who stupid followers of a minority religion can be; to be so concerned that walking on certain days outside an imaginary boundary will bring God’s curses upon them is laughable. Likewise with a majority religion; to think that your guy in Rome is God's earth rep and that a guy in a box can channel God's forgiveness to you is a mockery of God, I could go on however in you resting your case I believe that you have admitted defeat and are unable to think logically- hope that it is not a cult mind-set? Religious tolerance by other religions is also laughable- how can you not try to save your fellow human beings from doom when they are following a religion that is wrong and will lead them to damnation- you guys can’t all be right and if faith is strong then you know that all the others will be wrong- it is your duty to save them surely?
Zealots and Bigots are all the same to me- and religions are all the same-it’s all a crock of nonsense.
As a scholarly German one said:
“Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes” and I don’t think he has ever been proven wrong.
Oh dear studio70 you really don't like religion however it comes do you? my goodness! talk about don't get me started! The point I was trying to make is that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs including you. However imposing your own beliefs onto others by declaring that people who think differently to you are stupid, ridiculous or anything else is bigoted. Personally I don't believe in religion, but I would never call someone who does stupid or ridiculous or condemn them for their faith. We should all practice a little tolerance of each other the only exception to this is where people use their religion as a weapon and then we need to protect people from extremism whoever the extremist is and whatever their reason for using their personal beliefs to inflict pain and suffering on others.... that's all.
[quote][p][bold]studio70.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Believe in better[/bold] wrote: Studio 70, the definition of Bigoted - having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others. And you don't think labeling religious groups as ridiculous makes you a bigot? I rest my case.[/p][/quote]Well no more than it makes you a bigot for your post bibby. Since when did stating the obvious make you a bigot. Religion is a cult thing for the masses (pardon the pun) who need to be led and the more outlandish the claims of religions the more daft the follows- I use the wire as an example of who stupid followers of a minority religion can be; to be so concerned that walking on certain days outside an imaginary boundary will bring God’s curses upon them is laughable. Likewise with a majority religion; to think that your guy in Rome is God's earth rep and that a guy in a box can channel God's forgiveness to you is a mockery of God, I could go on however in you resting your case I believe that you have admitted defeat and are unable to think logically- hope that it is not a cult mind-set? Religious tolerance by other religions is also laughable- how can you not try to save your fellow human beings from doom when they are following a religion that is wrong and will lead them to damnation- you guys can’t all be right and if faith is strong then you know that all the others will be wrong- it is your duty to save them surely? Zealots and Bigots are all the same to me- and religions are all the same-it’s all a crock of nonsense. As a scholarly German one said: “Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes” and I don’t think he has ever been proven wrong.[/p][/quote]Oh dear studio70 you really don't like religion however it comes do you? my goodness! talk about don't get me started! The point I was trying to make is that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs including you. However imposing your own beliefs onto others by declaring that people who think differently to you are stupid, ridiculous or anything else is bigoted. Personally I don't believe in religion, but I would never call someone who does stupid or ridiculous or condemn them for their faith. We should all practice a little tolerance of each other the only exception to this is where people use their religion as a weapon and then we need to protect people from extremism whoever the extremist is and whatever their reason for using their personal beliefs to inflict pain and suffering on others.... that's all. Believe in better

1:14am Wed 26 Feb 14

studio70. says...

Believe in better wrote:
studio70. wrote:
Believe in better wrote:
Studio 70, the definition of Bigoted - having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others.

And you don't think labeling religious groups as ridiculous makes you a bigot? I rest my case.
Well no more than it makes you a bigot for your post bibby.
Since when did stating the obvious make you a bigot. Religion is a cult thing for the masses (pardon the pun) who need to be led and the more outlandish the claims of religions the more daft the follows- I use the wire as an example of who stupid followers of a minority religion can be; to be so concerned that walking on certain days outside an imaginary boundary will bring God’s curses upon them is laughable. Likewise with a majority religion; to think that your guy in Rome is God's earth rep and that a guy in a box can channel God's forgiveness to you is a mockery of God, I could go on however in you resting your case I believe that you have admitted defeat and are unable to think logically- hope that it is not a cult mind-set? Religious tolerance by other religions is also laughable- how can you not try to save your fellow human beings from doom when they are following a religion that is wrong and will lead them to damnation- you guys can’t all be right and if faith is strong then you know that all the others will be wrong- it is your duty to save them surely?
Zealots and Bigots are all the same to me- and religions are all the same-it’s all a crock of nonsense.
As a scholarly German one said:
“Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes” and I don’t think he has ever been proven wrong.
Oh dear studio70 you really don't like religion however it comes do you? my goodness! talk about don't get me started! The point I was trying to make is that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs including you. However imposing your own beliefs onto others by declaring that people who think differently to you are stupid, ridiculous or anything else is bigoted. Personally I don't believe in religion, but I would never call someone who does stupid or ridiculous or condemn them for their faith. We should all practice a little tolerance of each other the only exception to this is where people use their religion as a weapon and then we need to protect people from extremism whoever the extremist is and whatever their reason for using their personal beliefs to inflict pain and suffering on others.... that's all.
I find your argument puerile- I will now withdraw under rule 5.
[quote][p][bold]Believe in better[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]studio70.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Believe in better[/bold] wrote: Studio 70, the definition of Bigoted - having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others. And you don't think labeling religious groups as ridiculous makes you a bigot? I rest my case.[/p][/quote]Well no more than it makes you a bigot for your post bibby. Since when did stating the obvious make you a bigot. Religion is a cult thing for the masses (pardon the pun) who need to be led and the more outlandish the claims of religions the more daft the follows- I use the wire as an example of who stupid followers of a minority religion can be; to be so concerned that walking on certain days outside an imaginary boundary will bring God’s curses upon them is laughable. Likewise with a majority religion; to think that your guy in Rome is God's earth rep and that a guy in a box can channel God's forgiveness to you is a mockery of God, I could go on however in you resting your case I believe that you have admitted defeat and are unable to think logically- hope that it is not a cult mind-set? Religious tolerance by other religions is also laughable- how can you not try to save your fellow human beings from doom when they are following a religion that is wrong and will lead them to damnation- you guys can’t all be right and if faith is strong then you know that all the others will be wrong- it is your duty to save them surely? Zealots and Bigots are all the same to me- and religions are all the same-it’s all a crock of nonsense. As a scholarly German one said: “Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes” and I don’t think he has ever been proven wrong.[/p][/quote]Oh dear studio70 you really don't like religion however it comes do you? my goodness! talk about don't get me started! The point I was trying to make is that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs including you. However imposing your own beliefs onto others by declaring that people who think differently to you are stupid, ridiculous or anything else is bigoted. Personally I don't believe in religion, but I would never call someone who does stupid or ridiculous or condemn them for their faith. We should all practice a little tolerance of each other the only exception to this is where people use their religion as a weapon and then we need to protect people from extremism whoever the extremist is and whatever their reason for using their personal beliefs to inflict pain and suffering on others.... that's all.[/p][/quote]I find your argument puerile- I will now withdraw under rule 5. studio70.

12:47pm Wed 26 Feb 14

Believe in better says...

studio70. wrote:
Believe in better wrote:
studio70. wrote:
Believe in better wrote:
Studio 70, the definition of Bigoted - having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others.

And you don't think labeling religious groups as ridiculous makes you a bigot? I rest my case.
Well no more than it makes you a bigot for your post bibby.
Since when did stating the obvious make you a bigot. Religion is a cult thing for the masses (pardon the pun) who need to be led and the more outlandish the claims of religions the more daft the follows- I use the wire as an example of who stupid followers of a minority religion can be; to be so concerned that walking on certain days outside an imaginary boundary will bring God’s curses upon them is laughable. Likewise with a majority religion; to think that your guy in Rome is God's earth rep and that a guy in a box can channel God's forgiveness to you is a mockery of God, I could go on however in you resting your case I believe that you have admitted defeat and are unable to think logically- hope that it is not a cult mind-set? Religious tolerance by other religions is also laughable- how can you not try to save your fellow human beings from doom when they are following a religion that is wrong and will lead them to damnation- you guys can’t all be right and if faith is strong then you know that all the others will be wrong- it is your duty to save them surely?
Zealots and Bigots are all the same to me- and religions are all the same-it’s all a crock of nonsense.
As a scholarly German one said:
“Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes” and I don’t think he has ever been proven wrong.
Oh dear studio70 you really don't like religion however it comes do you? my goodness! talk about don't get me started! The point I was trying to make is that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs including you. However imposing your own beliefs onto others by declaring that people who think differently to you are stupid, ridiculous or anything else is bigoted. Personally I don't believe in religion, but I would never call someone who does stupid or ridiculous or condemn them for their faith. We should all practice a little tolerance of each other the only exception to this is where people use their religion as a weapon and then we need to protect people from extremism whoever the extremist is and whatever their reason for using their personal beliefs to inflict pain and suffering on others.... that's all.
I find your argument puerile- I will now withdraw under rule 5.
Of course you do... as only someone can if they don't grasp the rudiments of equality & diversity. It is a common response when faced with learning. If you don't get the principles behind something then just say it is stupid, ridiculous or puerile, it simply means that you don't have the capacity to understand the argument. And of course you should withdraw because anger is not a good emotion for anyone.
[quote][p][bold]studio70.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Believe in better[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]studio70.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Believe in better[/bold] wrote: Studio 70, the definition of Bigoted - having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others. And you don't think labeling religious groups as ridiculous makes you a bigot? I rest my case.[/p][/quote]Well no more than it makes you a bigot for your post bibby. Since when did stating the obvious make you a bigot. Religion is a cult thing for the masses (pardon the pun) who need to be led and the more outlandish the claims of religions the more daft the follows- I use the wire as an example of who stupid followers of a minority religion can be; to be so concerned that walking on certain days outside an imaginary boundary will bring God’s curses upon them is laughable. Likewise with a majority religion; to think that your guy in Rome is God's earth rep and that a guy in a box can channel God's forgiveness to you is a mockery of God, I could go on however in you resting your case I believe that you have admitted defeat and are unable to think logically- hope that it is not a cult mind-set? Religious tolerance by other religions is also laughable- how can you not try to save your fellow human beings from doom when they are following a religion that is wrong and will lead them to damnation- you guys can’t all be right and if faith is strong then you know that all the others will be wrong- it is your duty to save them surely? Zealots and Bigots are all the same to me- and religions are all the same-it’s all a crock of nonsense. As a scholarly German one said: “Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes” and I don’t think he has ever been proven wrong.[/p][/quote]Oh dear studio70 you really don't like religion however it comes do you? my goodness! talk about don't get me started! The point I was trying to make is that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs including you. However imposing your own beliefs onto others by declaring that people who think differently to you are stupid, ridiculous or anything else is bigoted. Personally I don't believe in religion, but I would never call someone who does stupid or ridiculous or condemn them for their faith. We should all practice a little tolerance of each other the only exception to this is where people use their religion as a weapon and then we need to protect people from extremism whoever the extremist is and whatever their reason for using their personal beliefs to inflict pain and suffering on others.... that's all.[/p][/quote]I find your argument puerile- I will now withdraw under rule 5.[/p][/quote]Of course you do... as only someone can if they don't grasp the rudiments of equality & diversity. It is a common response when faced with learning. If you don't get the principles behind something then just say it is stupid, ridiculous or puerile, it simply means that you don't have the capacity to understand the argument. And of course you should withdraw because anger is not a good emotion for anyone. Believe in better

11:36pm Thu 27 Feb 14

studio70. says...

Believe in better wrote:
studio70. wrote:
Believe in better wrote:
studio70. wrote:
Believe in better wrote:
Studio 70, the definition of Bigoted - having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others.

And you don't think labeling religious groups as ridiculous makes you a bigot? I rest my case.
Well no more than it makes you a bigot for your post bibby.
Since when did stating the obvious make you a bigot. Religion is a cult thing for the masses (pardon the pun) who need to be led and the more outlandish the claims of religions the more daft the follows- I use the wire as an example of who stupid followers of a minority religion can be; to be so concerned that walking on certain days outside an imaginary boundary will bring God’s curses upon them is laughable. Likewise with a majority religion; to think that your guy in Rome is God's earth rep and that a guy in a box can channel God's forgiveness to you is a mockery of God, I could go on however in you resting your case I believe that you have admitted defeat and are unable to think logically- hope that it is not a cult mind-set? Religious tolerance by other religions is also laughable- how can you not try to save your fellow human beings from doom when they are following a religion that is wrong and will lead them to damnation- you guys can’t all be right and if faith is strong then you know that all the others will be wrong- it is your duty to save them surely?
Zealots and Bigots are all the same to me- and religions are all the same-it’s all a crock of nonsense.
As a scholarly German one said:
“Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes” and I don’t think he has ever been proven wrong.
Oh dear studio70 you really don't like religion however it comes do you? my goodness! talk about don't get me started! The point I was trying to make is that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs including you. However imposing your own beliefs onto others by declaring that people who think differently to you are stupid, ridiculous or anything else is bigoted. Personally I don't believe in religion, but I would never call someone who does stupid or ridiculous or condemn them for their faith. We should all practice a little tolerance of each other the only exception to this is where people use their religion as a weapon and then we need to protect people from extremism whoever the extremist is and whatever their reason for using their personal beliefs to inflict pain and suffering on others.... that's all.
I find your argument puerile- I will now withdraw under rule 5.
Of course you do... as only someone can if they don't grasp the rudiments of equality & diversity. It is a common response when faced with learning. If you don't get the principles behind something then just say it is stupid, ridiculous or puerile, it simply means that you don't have the capacity to understand the argument. And of course you should withdraw because anger is not a good emotion for anyone.
Because I point out the obvious stupidity of something does not mean I am intolerant of people doing it- like smoking, eating too many pies and down 12 pints a night- it is up to the induvidual. however it is also my right to express my opinion. You, Bibby are sending out a confused message; on the one hand you are proclaiming the rights of freedom (a notion with whcih i totally agree) and on the other hand you are proclaiming my opinions to be wrong, bigoted and offensive! How does that work?
[quote][p][bold]Believe in better[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]studio70.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Believe in better[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]studio70.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Believe in better[/bold] wrote: Studio 70, the definition of Bigoted - having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others. And you don't think labeling religious groups as ridiculous makes you a bigot? I rest my case.[/p][/quote]Well no more than it makes you a bigot for your post bibby. Since when did stating the obvious make you a bigot. Religion is a cult thing for the masses (pardon the pun) who need to be led and the more outlandish the claims of religions the more daft the follows- I use the wire as an example of who stupid followers of a minority religion can be; to be so concerned that walking on certain days outside an imaginary boundary will bring God’s curses upon them is laughable. Likewise with a majority religion; to think that your guy in Rome is God's earth rep and that a guy in a box can channel God's forgiveness to you is a mockery of God, I could go on however in you resting your case I believe that you have admitted defeat and are unable to think logically- hope that it is not a cult mind-set? Religious tolerance by other religions is also laughable- how can you not try to save your fellow human beings from doom when they are following a religion that is wrong and will lead them to damnation- you guys can’t all be right and if faith is strong then you know that all the others will be wrong- it is your duty to save them surely? Zealots and Bigots are all the same to me- and religions are all the same-it’s all a crock of nonsense. As a scholarly German one said: “Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes” and I don’t think he has ever been proven wrong.[/p][/quote]Oh dear studio70 you really don't like religion however it comes do you? my goodness! talk about don't get me started! The point I was trying to make is that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs including you. However imposing your own beliefs onto others by declaring that people who think differently to you are stupid, ridiculous or anything else is bigoted. Personally I don't believe in religion, but I would never call someone who does stupid or ridiculous or condemn them for their faith. We should all practice a little tolerance of each other the only exception to this is where people use their religion as a weapon and then we need to protect people from extremism whoever the extremist is and whatever their reason for using their personal beliefs to inflict pain and suffering on others.... that's all.[/p][/quote]I find your argument puerile- I will now withdraw under rule 5.[/p][/quote]Of course you do... as only someone can if they don't grasp the rudiments of equality & diversity. It is a common response when faced with learning. If you don't get the principles behind something then just say it is stupid, ridiculous or puerile, it simply means that you don't have the capacity to understand the argument. And of course you should withdraw because anger is not a good emotion for anyone.[/p][/quote]Because I point out the obvious stupidity of something does not mean I am intolerant of people doing it- like smoking, eating too many pies and down 12 pints a night- it is up to the induvidual. however it is also my right to express my opinion. You, Bibby are sending out a confused message; on the one hand you are proclaiming the rights of freedom (a notion with whcih i totally agree) and on the other hand you are proclaiming my opinions to be wrong, bigoted and offensive! How does that work? studio70.

11:36pm Thu 27 Feb 14

studio70. says...

Believe in better wrote:
studio70. wrote:
Believe in better wrote:
studio70. wrote:
Believe in better wrote:
Studio 70, the definition of Bigoted - having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others.

And you don't think labeling religious groups as ridiculous makes you a bigot? I rest my case.
Well no more than it makes you a bigot for your post bibby.
Since when did stating the obvious make you a bigot. Religion is a cult thing for the masses (pardon the pun) who need to be led and the more outlandish the claims of religions the more daft the follows- I use the wire as an example of who stupid followers of a minority religion can be; to be so concerned that walking on certain days outside an imaginary boundary will bring God’s curses upon them is laughable. Likewise with a majority religion; to think that your guy in Rome is God's earth rep and that a guy in a box can channel God's forgiveness to you is a mockery of God, I could go on however in you resting your case I believe that you have admitted defeat and are unable to think logically- hope that it is not a cult mind-set? Religious tolerance by other religions is also laughable- how can you not try to save your fellow human beings from doom when they are following a religion that is wrong and will lead them to damnation- you guys can’t all be right and if faith is strong then you know that all the others will be wrong- it is your duty to save them surely?
Zealots and Bigots are all the same to me- and religions are all the same-it’s all a crock of nonsense.
As a scholarly German one said:
“Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes” and I don’t think he has ever been proven wrong.
Oh dear studio70 you really don't like religion however it comes do you? my goodness! talk about don't get me started! The point I was trying to make is that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs including you. However imposing your own beliefs onto others by declaring that people who think differently to you are stupid, ridiculous or anything else is bigoted. Personally I don't believe in religion, but I would never call someone who does stupid or ridiculous or condemn them for their faith. We should all practice a little tolerance of each other the only exception to this is where people use their religion as a weapon and then we need to protect people from extremism whoever the extremist is and whatever their reason for using their personal beliefs to inflict pain and suffering on others.... that's all.
I find your argument puerile- I will now withdraw under rule 5.
Of course you do... as only someone can if they don't grasp the rudiments of equality & diversity. It is a common response when faced with learning. If you don't get the principles behind something then just say it is stupid, ridiculous or puerile, it simply means that you don't have the capacity to understand the argument. And of course you should withdraw because anger is not a good emotion for anyone.
Because I point out the obvious stupidity of something does not mean I am intolerant of people doing it- like smoking, eating too many pies and down 12 pints a night- it is up to the induvidual. however it is also my right to express my opinion. You, Bibby are sending out a confused message; on the one hand you are proclaiming the rights of freedom (a notion with whcih i totally agree) and on the other hand you are proclaiming my opinions to be wrong, bigoted and offensive! How does that work?
[quote][p][bold]Believe in better[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]studio70.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Believe in better[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]studio70.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Believe in better[/bold] wrote: Studio 70, the definition of Bigoted - having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others. And you don't think labeling religious groups as ridiculous makes you a bigot? I rest my case.[/p][/quote]Well no more than it makes you a bigot for your post bibby. Since when did stating the obvious make you a bigot. Religion is a cult thing for the masses (pardon the pun) who need to be led and the more outlandish the claims of religions the more daft the follows- I use the wire as an example of who stupid followers of a minority religion can be; to be so concerned that walking on certain days outside an imaginary boundary will bring God’s curses upon them is laughable. Likewise with a majority religion; to think that your guy in Rome is God's earth rep and that a guy in a box can channel God's forgiveness to you is a mockery of God, I could go on however in you resting your case I believe that you have admitted defeat and are unable to think logically- hope that it is not a cult mind-set? Religious tolerance by other religions is also laughable- how can you not try to save your fellow human beings from doom when they are following a religion that is wrong and will lead them to damnation- you guys can’t all be right and if faith is strong then you know that all the others will be wrong- it is your duty to save them surely? Zealots and Bigots are all the same to me- and religions are all the same-it’s all a crock of nonsense. As a scholarly German one said: “Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes” and I don’t think he has ever been proven wrong.[/p][/quote]Oh dear studio70 you really don't like religion however it comes do you? my goodness! talk about don't get me started! The point I was trying to make is that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs including you. However imposing your own beliefs onto others by declaring that people who think differently to you are stupid, ridiculous or anything else is bigoted. Personally I don't believe in religion, but I would never call someone who does stupid or ridiculous or condemn them for their faith. We should all practice a little tolerance of each other the only exception to this is where people use their religion as a weapon and then we need to protect people from extremism whoever the extremist is and whatever their reason for using their personal beliefs to inflict pain and suffering on others.... that's all.[/p][/quote]I find your argument puerile- I will now withdraw under rule 5.[/p][/quote]Of course you do... as only someone can if they don't grasp the rudiments of equality & diversity. It is a common response when faced with learning. If you don't get the principles behind something then just say it is stupid, ridiculous or puerile, it simply means that you don't have the capacity to understand the argument. And of course you should withdraw because anger is not a good emotion for anyone.[/p][/quote]Because I point out the obvious stupidity of something does not mean I am intolerant of people doing it- like smoking, eating too many pies and down 12 pints a night- it is up to the induvidual. however it is also my right to express my opinion. You, Bibby are sending out a confused message; on the one hand you are proclaiming the rights of freedom (a notion with whcih i totally agree) and on the other hand you are proclaiming my opinions to be wrong, bigoted and offensive! How does that work? studio70.

11:36pm Thu 27 Feb 14

studio70. says...

Believe in better wrote:
studio70. wrote:
Believe in better wrote:
studio70. wrote:
Believe in better wrote:
Studio 70, the definition of Bigoted - having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others.

And you don't think labeling religious groups as ridiculous makes you a bigot? I rest my case.
Well no more than it makes you a bigot for your post bibby.
Since when did stating the obvious make you a bigot. Religion is a cult thing for the masses (pardon the pun) who need to be led and the more outlandish the claims of religions the more daft the follows- I use the wire as an example of who stupid followers of a minority religion can be; to be so concerned that walking on certain days outside an imaginary boundary will bring God’s curses upon them is laughable. Likewise with a majority religion; to think that your guy in Rome is God's earth rep and that a guy in a box can channel God's forgiveness to you is a mockery of God, I could go on however in you resting your case I believe that you have admitted defeat and are unable to think logically- hope that it is not a cult mind-set? Religious tolerance by other religions is also laughable- how can you not try to save your fellow human beings from doom when they are following a religion that is wrong and will lead them to damnation- you guys can’t all be right and if faith is strong then you know that all the others will be wrong- it is your duty to save them surely?
Zealots and Bigots are all the same to me- and religions are all the same-it’s all a crock of nonsense.
As a scholarly German one said:
“Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes” and I don’t think he has ever been proven wrong.
Oh dear studio70 you really don't like religion however it comes do you? my goodness! talk about don't get me started! The point I was trying to make is that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs including you. However imposing your own beliefs onto others by declaring that people who think differently to you are stupid, ridiculous or anything else is bigoted. Personally I don't believe in religion, but I would never call someone who does stupid or ridiculous or condemn them for their faith. We should all practice a little tolerance of each other the only exception to this is where people use their religion as a weapon and then we need to protect people from extremism whoever the extremist is and whatever their reason for using their personal beliefs to inflict pain and suffering on others.... that's all.
I find your argument puerile- I will now withdraw under rule 5.
Of course you do... as only someone can if they don't grasp the rudiments of equality & diversity. It is a common response when faced with learning. If you don't get the principles behind something then just say it is stupid, ridiculous or puerile, it simply means that you don't have the capacity to understand the argument. And of course you should withdraw because anger is not a good emotion for anyone.
Because I point out the obvious stupidity of something does not mean I am intolerant of people doing it- like smoking, eating too many pies and down 12 pints a night- it is up to the induvidual. however it is also my right to express my opinion. You, Bibby are sending out a confused message; on the one hand you are proclaiming the rights of freedom (a notion with whcih i totally agree) and on the other hand you are proclaiming my opinions to be wrong, bigoted and offensive! How does that work?
[quote][p][bold]Believe in better[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]studio70.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Believe in better[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]studio70.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Believe in better[/bold] wrote: Studio 70, the definition of Bigoted - having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others. And you don't think labeling religious groups as ridiculous makes you a bigot? I rest my case.[/p][/quote]Well no more than it makes you a bigot for your post bibby. Since when did stating the obvious make you a bigot. Religion is a cult thing for the masses (pardon the pun) who need to be led and the more outlandish the claims of religions the more daft the follows- I use the wire as an example of who stupid followers of a minority religion can be; to be so concerned that walking on certain days outside an imaginary boundary will bring God’s curses upon them is laughable. Likewise with a majority religion; to think that your guy in Rome is God's earth rep and that a guy in a box can channel God's forgiveness to you is a mockery of God, I could go on however in you resting your case I believe that you have admitted defeat and are unable to think logically- hope that it is not a cult mind-set? Religious tolerance by other religions is also laughable- how can you not try to save your fellow human beings from doom when they are following a religion that is wrong and will lead them to damnation- you guys can’t all be right and if faith is strong then you know that all the others will be wrong- it is your duty to save them surely? Zealots and Bigots are all the same to me- and religions are all the same-it’s all a crock of nonsense. As a scholarly German one said: “Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes” and I don’t think he has ever been proven wrong.[/p][/quote]Oh dear studio70 you really don't like religion however it comes do you? my goodness! talk about don't get me started! The point I was trying to make is that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs including you. However imposing your own beliefs onto others by declaring that people who think differently to you are stupid, ridiculous or anything else is bigoted. Personally I don't believe in religion, but I would never call someone who does stupid or ridiculous or condemn them for their faith. We should all practice a little tolerance of each other the only exception to this is where people use their religion as a weapon and then we need to protect people from extremism whoever the extremist is and whatever their reason for using their personal beliefs to inflict pain and suffering on others.... that's all.[/p][/quote]I find your argument puerile- I will now withdraw under rule 5.[/p][/quote]Of course you do... as only someone can if they don't grasp the rudiments of equality & diversity. It is a common response when faced with learning. If you don't get the principles behind something then just say it is stupid, ridiculous or puerile, it simply means that you don't have the capacity to understand the argument. And of course you should withdraw because anger is not a good emotion for anyone.[/p][/quote]Because I point out the obvious stupidity of something does not mean I am intolerant of people doing it- like smoking, eating too many pies and down 12 pints a night- it is up to the induvidual. however it is also my right to express my opinion. You, Bibby are sending out a confused message; on the one hand you are proclaiming the rights of freedom (a notion with whcih i totally agree) and on the other hand you are proclaiming my opinions to be wrong, bigoted and offensive! How does that work? studio70.

11:36pm Thu 27 Feb 14

studio70. says...

Believe in better wrote:
studio70. wrote:
Believe in better wrote:
studio70. wrote:
Believe in better wrote:
Studio 70, the definition of Bigoted - having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others.

And you don't think labeling religious groups as ridiculous makes you a bigot? I rest my case.
Well no more than it makes you a bigot for your post bibby.
Since when did stating the obvious make you a bigot. Religion is a cult thing for the masses (pardon the pun) who need to be led and the more outlandish the claims of religions the more daft the follows- I use the wire as an example of who stupid followers of a minority religion can be; to be so concerned that walking on certain days outside an imaginary boundary will bring God’s curses upon them is laughable. Likewise with a majority religion; to think that your guy in Rome is God's earth rep and that a guy in a box can channel God's forgiveness to you is a mockery of God, I could go on however in you resting your case I believe that you have admitted defeat and are unable to think logically- hope that it is not a cult mind-set? Religious tolerance by other religions is also laughable- how can you not try to save your fellow human beings from doom when they are following a religion that is wrong and will lead them to damnation- you guys can’t all be right and if faith is strong then you know that all the others will be wrong- it is your duty to save them surely?
Zealots and Bigots are all the same to me- and religions are all the same-it’s all a crock of nonsense.
As a scholarly German one said:
“Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes” and I don’t think he has ever been proven wrong.
Oh dear studio70 you really don't like religion however it comes do you? my goodness! talk about don't get me started! The point I was trying to make is that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs including you. However imposing your own beliefs onto others by declaring that people who think differently to you are stupid, ridiculous or anything else is bigoted. Personally I don't believe in religion, but I would never call someone who does stupid or ridiculous or condemn them for their faith. We should all practice a little tolerance of each other the only exception to this is where people use their religion as a weapon and then we need to protect people from extremism whoever the extremist is and whatever their reason for using their personal beliefs to inflict pain and suffering on others.... that's all.
I find your argument puerile- I will now withdraw under rule 5.
Of course you do... as only someone can if they don't grasp the rudiments of equality & diversity. It is a common response when faced with learning. If you don't get the principles behind something then just say it is stupid, ridiculous or puerile, it simply means that you don't have the capacity to understand the argument. And of course you should withdraw because anger is not a good emotion for anyone.
Because I point out the obvious stupidity of something does not mean I am intolerant of people doing it- like smoking, eating too many pies and down 12 pints a night- it is up to the induvidual. however it is also my right to express my opinion. You, Bibby are sending out a confused message; on the one hand you are proclaiming the rights of freedom (a notion with whcih i totally agree) and on the other hand you are proclaiming my opinions to be wrong, bigoted and offensive! How does that work?
[quote][p][bold]Believe in better[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]studio70.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Believe in better[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]studio70.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Believe in better[/bold] wrote: Studio 70, the definition of Bigoted - having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others. And you don't think labeling religious groups as ridiculous makes you a bigot? I rest my case.[/p][/quote]Well no more than it makes you a bigot for your post bibby. Since when did stating the obvious make you a bigot. Religion is a cult thing for the masses (pardon the pun) who need to be led and the more outlandish the claims of religions the more daft the follows- I use the wire as an example of who stupid followers of a minority religion can be; to be so concerned that walking on certain days outside an imaginary boundary will bring God’s curses upon them is laughable. Likewise with a majority religion; to think that your guy in Rome is God's earth rep and that a guy in a box can channel God's forgiveness to you is a mockery of God, I could go on however in you resting your case I believe that you have admitted defeat and are unable to think logically- hope that it is not a cult mind-set? Religious tolerance by other religions is also laughable- how can you not try to save your fellow human beings from doom when they are following a religion that is wrong and will lead them to damnation- you guys can’t all be right and if faith is strong then you know that all the others will be wrong- it is your duty to save them surely? Zealots and Bigots are all the same to me- and religions are all the same-it’s all a crock of nonsense. As a scholarly German one said: “Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes” and I don’t think he has ever been proven wrong.[/p][/quote]Oh dear studio70 you really don't like religion however it comes do you? my goodness! talk about don't get me started! The point I was trying to make is that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs including you. However imposing your own beliefs onto others by declaring that people who think differently to you are stupid, ridiculous or anything else is bigoted. Personally I don't believe in religion, but I would never call someone who does stupid or ridiculous or condemn them for their faith. We should all practice a little tolerance of each other the only exception to this is where people use their religion as a weapon and then we need to protect people from extremism whoever the extremist is and whatever their reason for using their personal beliefs to inflict pain and suffering on others.... that's all.[/p][/quote]I find your argument puerile- I will now withdraw under rule 5.[/p][/quote]Of course you do... as only someone can if they don't grasp the rudiments of equality & diversity. It is a common response when faced with learning. If you don't get the principles behind something then just say it is stupid, ridiculous or puerile, it simply means that you don't have the capacity to understand the argument. And of course you should withdraw because anger is not a good emotion for anyone.[/p][/quote]Because I point out the obvious stupidity of something does not mean I am intolerant of people doing it- like smoking, eating too many pies and down 12 pints a night- it is up to the induvidual. however it is also my right to express my opinion. You, Bibby are sending out a confused message; on the one hand you are proclaiming the rights of freedom (a notion with whcih i totally agree) and on the other hand you are proclaiming my opinions to be wrong, bigoted and offensive! How does that work? studio70.

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree