As people enjoy the last few days of their Christmas decorations, firefighters are warning members of the public to careful about their lights.
Firefighters were called to Whitehouse Avenue in Borehamwood at 9.38pm yesterday, following reports of a Christmas tree on fire.
Borehamwood firefirefighters quickly got the blaze under control using backpack sprayers.
The cause of the blaze is doubtful but firefighters suspect lights could be to blame.
They warn members of the public to turn lights off before they leave the house or overnight and ensure they conform to British standard.