Get involved: send your pictures, video, news & views by texting BOREHAMWOOD to 80360, or email us
Fire brigade called to Radlett blaze
Firefighters are reminding people to be vigilant after a fuse box in a house burst into flames.
Crews from Borehamwood and Garston attended the property in Letchmore Road in Radlett on 9.30pm on Tuesday.
Caused by an electricity fuse box which had sparked and burst into flames, the fire was quickly put out.
The house was badly filled with smoke, however not much damage was caused.
A spokesman for Borehamwood Fire praised the home owner for doing everything right in shutting the doors and getting out as quickly as he could.
Watch Commander Jim Moran wants to use the incident to remind members of the public of the value of smoke alarms in alerting them to a fire and saving lives.
He said: “Firefighters are happy to visit homes and fix smoke alarms and carry out fire safety checks.”
The checks are carried out by uniformed personnel, who tell residents how to install and maintain smoke alarms and help them make a fire escape plan should a fire occur in their home.
To apply for a home fire safety check call 0300123446.
Comments are closed on this article.