SECTION 14(1 )(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991Notice ID: WAT0669520
SECTION 14(1 )(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991
TEMPORARY TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS - HINDES ROAD
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they intend to make a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to allow for the safe movement of large articulated vehicles.
1. This order may be cited as The Harrow (Hindes Road) Temporary Traffic Order 2018, and shall be operational from 3rd July 2018 and shall remain in effect until 30th December 2018 or until the completion of the works, whichever is sooner.
2. Vehicles would be prohibited from waiting or loading on Hindes Road at any time on the north side between its junctions with Harrow View and its western extremity.
3. This Order herby temporarily revokes the provisions of The Harrow (Prescribed Route) (No.1) Traffic Order 1982, Schedule Item No. 1 Hindes Road, meaning that the emergency access gate in Hindes Road will be opened to all traffic as and when necessary for large articulated vehicles need access.
4. Nothing in paragraph 2 above would apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with the safe movement of large articulated vehicles.
5. The provisions of the order would not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
Dated 14th June 2018
Head of Parking and Network Management, Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2XA